F150 Ecoboost tune

vic_s197

Established Member
I love my 2012 eco boost, I'm running a livernois 93 race tune with Mac o/r downpipes and stainless works 3.5 exhaust and thermostat, the truck moves out I'm fixing to get a full race intercooler and afe stage 2 intake and run an MPT and unleashed tune, the exhaust sounds real good at idle and cruising speeds all you can hear is turbo whistle

TermiInJax

Established Member
I love my 2012 eco boost, I'm running a livernois 93 race tune with Mac o/r downpipes and stainless works 3.5 exhaust and thermostat, the truck moves out I'm fixing to get a full race intercooler and afe stage 2 intake and run an MPT and unleashed tune, the exhaust sounds real good at idle and cruising speeds all you can hear is turbo whistle

We have similar mods with the exception of my Meth kit, Wagner IC and AFE charge pipe. I'm pretty sure other tuners tunes will not work with your Livernois MyCal so you will need to purchase some form of SCT tuning device for your Unleashed and MPT tunes. Good luck and you will really enjoy the street smoothness and great fuel mileage of the Unleashed tune. My only MPT tune is a Meth race tune that makes strong power with a big shot of Meth sprayed through 2 injectors.

04svtterm

Established Member
i just got my hands on a 14 limited ecoboost. i can imagine how awful these trucks will sound with an exhaust, how are they sounding with just the charge pipe? i want a tune already after driving it for the past few days. just don't want to lose my warranty. My knowledge on these trucks is minimal at best lol.

@ Diablo, you guy's are a canned or custom tune?

TermiInJax

Established Member
By charge pipe do you mean down pipes? My AFE charge pipe from the Intercooler to the throttle body made no difference in sound. However, when I installed my MAK cat-less down pipes it definitely gave the truck a throatier, raspy sound and the turbo whine is much more noticeable.

04svtterm

Established Member
By charge pipe do you mean down pipes? My AFE charge pipe from the Intercooler to the throttle body made no difference in sound. However, when I installed my MAK cat-less down pipes it definitely gave the truck a throatier, raspy sound and the turbo whine is much more noticeable.

yes, i meant the down pipe. any noticeable gains? Def. don't want to go down the catback route. Seems like the AFE 2 stage intake along with the downpipe and tune would be a good start.

TermiInJax

Established Member
After a good tune, a set of high flow down pipes is your next easiest gains. You are correct with your next few mods just make sure you keep that crappy factory Intercooler in mind.

vic_s197

Established Member
We have similar mods with the exception of my Meth kit, Wagner IC and AFE charge pipe. I'm pretty sure other tuners tunes will not work with your Livernois MyCal so you will need to purchase some form of SCT tuning device for your Unleashed and MPT tunes. Good luck and you will really enjoy the street smoothness and great fuel mileage of the Unleashed tune. My only MPT tune is a Meth race tune that makes strong power with a big shot of Meth sprayed through 2 injectors.

Yes I will be going with the new x4, I plan on keeping the livernois mycal for towing and for when the xv1 comes out, I like the livernois tune but it's way outdated compared to the others and love the gas mileage 22+mpg.

vic_s197

Established Member
yes, i meant the down pipe. any noticeable gains? Def. don't want to go down the catback route. Seems like the AFE 2 stage intake along with the downpipe and tune would be a good start.
I did Mac o/r downpipes and stainless works s tube and sounds really good, I picked 3/10's in the 1/4 with full exhaust also I love it

nordy racer

Established Member
call RevAuto in Maryland.. the owners work car is a EcoF150 and his tunes are the best..

WILLYMAK

No 1/4 mile times yet at least for us. Our own personal truck was one of the ones used in the testing and development. So did it make the power? See Dyno Graph below. We also lent our experience to address common issues with the ecoboost platform that we have encountered in 3 years of dealing with the ecoboost F150 and almost all the tunes on the market. We have been testing the tune for months now and giving our feedback. They have made the changes and the 93Octane Tune included should be better most of the custom tunes out there at the moment. The combination of power and driveability is something that only Diablo can claim at the moment. Our truck feels great. We were more than impressed with the amount of power it made and that it was still very docile when you were not at WOT. The throttle is responsive but not overly sensitive as some tunes had a problem with. The transmission shifting is smooth but firm, if you actually have an ecoboost, you know that the shifting has always been an issue that we wanted remedied.

We are happy to test the trucks and offer our experience to those who will listen, we are not just a shop peddling parts, those who have dealt with us know that, we are also ecoboost owners ourselves, we want what is best for our personal everyday drivers as does everyone else.

Dyno Graph:
eco_boost_release_dyno_sheet.jpg

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
No 1/4 mile times yet at least for us. Our own personal truck was one of the ones used in the testing and development. So did it make the power? See Dyno Graph below. We also lent our experience to address common issues with the ecoboost platform that we have encountered in 3 years of dealing with the ecoboost F150 and almost all the tunes on the market. We have been testing the tune for months now and giving our feedback. They have made the changes and the 93Octane Tune included should be better most of the custom tunes out there at the moment. The combination of power and driveability is something that only Diablo can claim at the moment. Our truck feels great. We were more than impressed with the amount of power it made and that it was still very docile when you were not at WOT. The throttle is responsive but not overly sensitive as some tunes had a problem with. The transmission shifting is smooth but firm, if you actually have an ecoboost, you know that the shifting has always been an issue that we wanted remedied.

We are happy to test the trucks and offer our experience to those who will listen, we are not just a shop peddling parts, those who have dealt with us know that, we are also ecoboost owners ourselves, we want what is best for our personal everyday drivers as does everyone else.

Dyno Graph:
eco_boost_release_dyno_sheet.jpg

I must say that is impressive. I recant my former statements then. My apologies.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What's the best way to get some sound out of the engine in these trucks? I punch it and it's quieter than a damn BMW inside, I only get a hint of turbo spool. It's begging to b woken up.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So if i purchase an intune the ecoboost tunes will be included among all the other conpatible cars such as the cobra and 5.0s and such?

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
I own the Trinity 1000 and will update tonight when I get back home. I have tunes from SSI, MPT, LET, and JMS. I will give this one a shot too!

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Revolution Auto in Maryland has been killing it with their Ecoboost tunes. Some of the trucks I've seen them tune have been impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread