F150 ecoboost

Notre Dame

Established Member
So the only tune is bully dog after the truck has been on the road for over a year ? Where is SCT at ? Does bully dog work ? I see a bunch of post and all the steps you need to take to load on the tuner. Complaints about shifting and shifting hard. And worse.....no track times ! Track times is what i want to see. You can keep your dynos numbers.

engineermike

Established Member
There are at least 3 other companies with tuned F150 EB's driving around in testing. I think they're trying to ensure a good, reliable tune, rather than rushing to market. From what I understand, the encryption on the ECM held them up for months.

Jodys

Established Member
sct has a tune just waiting to get the transmission codes my tuner said they'll have it this month

Notre Dame

Established Member
Thats cool ! My guys in PA told me March. What ever the case is im sure will all be looking forward too it. I just need a few more pounds of boost and some good shifting and this thing will be fun fun fun. No one wants to race my 5.0 on the street so this will be fun replacement to drop all the import guys in my truck...HA !

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
from what i hear the bullydog tune has crap driviability and very marginal increase vs stock. Also mpg is dropping from stock a good bit.

I also haven't seen any reliable dyno #s or track times with stock vs bullydog. :bash:

Im hoping to pick up a new 011 f-150 this spring. Everyday that goes by im leaning towards the 5.0L. The gas mileage in real world conditions is near identical than ecoboost and the aftermarket is way bigger. A few guys in the 13s, with boss intake, tune and exhaust.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
At SEMA bullydog reps were reporting that their show truck with the GT tuner, intake and catback was getting 25mpg at 80mph on the drive over.

The owners of said tuner are reporting 18-19mpg at that speed.

Notre Dame

Established Member
Drove to the beach last summer at 75 and got 20mpg. A little less and i was getting 23mpg. And thats a truck with just and ingen intake and nothing else. Soooo that 400 dollars they spent didnt do anything for them on the eco side of the fence. The eco side i dont care about. I want more performance. WAITING SCT !!!! ALL OF US !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread