• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Factory 98 exhaust question.

Discussion in 'SN95 Cobras' started by sfish, Jul 7, 2019.

1. sfish

sfish New Member

Hello, I have a '98 cobra with factory exhaust. The car has 315 tires on it and i noticed the tailpipes had a "dent" for lack of better words, by the tire on both sides. I was wondering if the tailpipes were like this from the factory on a SN95 Cobra in this area, or if it was done for tire clearance. Any help would be appreciated, picture is attached.

Attached Files:

2. xblitzkriegx

xblitzkriegx Well-Known Member Established Member

Factory. Mine is the same way

ZeroDCX and Revvv like this.
  3. Dontilgon

Dontilgon Member Established Member

Factory

4. sfish

sfish New Member

Alright, thanks for helping clear that up! I am looking at lowering it, and i'd like to keep the 315's out back. Ive heard alot of people having issues with the 315's rubbing the tailpipes on some aftermarket catbacks. I've read alot of issues with the bassani and magnaflow catbacks rubbing on lowered sn95 cars with 315's.

5. scottydsntknow

scottydsntknow Active Member Established Member

Have had multiple lowered cars with various exhausts and 315s on 10.5" rims. Might have to remove the quad shocks and adjust the catback, that's it. Its not any sort of dealbreaker and isn't a big deal IMO. Part of the hobby... if you aren't willing to get in there and **** with stuff to make it work then sell your car and buy a new Gen3 Coyote.

98 Cobra Vert likes this.