Factory alarm problem

toby

Has anyone had a problem with the factory alarm not allowing their Cobra to start? I tried putting a 12 inch filter on Saturday but the car won't start with it on but would with it off. After a few tries now the car won't start at all. I've disconnected the battery and everything. It will power the dash read out, windows, radio etc. but the engine won't turn over. Any ideas anyone.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
OK, first the Cobra doesn't have a factory alarm. It has a PATS system that will prevent the engine from starting if the wrong key is used. It would still turn over, just not start, with the wrong key.

I would double check the area that you worked in and anything else that you have done recently to make certain that everything is connected properly and is tight.
That 12 inch filter is a really tight fit, so check the area that the ends of the filter were jammed up against plus the wiring for the MAF.

The two should have nothing to do with each other. Not starting and New air intake system.

If you don't find anything, put the stock stuff back on and have it towed to Ford.

Dana

toby

Have done those things but still no luck. Still checking. Thanks for the r eply. Anyone else want to guess?

Users who are viewing this thread