factory exact radiator?

n2fords2003

Established Member
My complete stock cobra needs a radiator and in looking for one Im not having any luck. Its a painted copper unit. Most replacements are plastic tanks. I want a Ford unit. Where?

Ive tried the dealer, 5.0 resto, Late Model resto, CJ Pony parts.

WillyB93

Established Member
Try 1800radiator, or look on your local craigslist for someone parting a gt or lx out, may heave luck there. Maybe someone has added an aftermarket one to their cobra and will sell you theirs.

bossman302

Banned
Yep, Copper radiators are just about impossible to find now a days, and the cheap plastic tanks alwasy seem to leak in the cold. Have you priced having your's recored? Lots of Old shelby guys have them re-done. It is possible, just pricy.

n2fords2003

Established Member
I still cant find one. I have a few fox bodies around but Im not using one of those old radiator in my cobra. They wont last long anyways.

Anyone with any ideas? I tried what was listed above.. Even ebay

kcp203

Established Member
There are plenty of choices for aluminum radiators. Otherwise, as has been suggested, you can get the original re-cored.

k98dave

I think National Parts Depot (NPD) has them in their Fox body catalog but they are about $350. The Cobra uses the same as any other 87-93Fox even the 4 cylinder cars!

Siege

Established Member
Steve at Tousley Ford has mentioned a place that keeps a stock of obsolete Ford parts. You can call him and get their number.

What is the part number of the 93 Cobra radiator? I know the 93 Cobra R uses a special radiator with part number F3ZV 8005 AA.

Users who are viewing this thread