Factory Rev/Mile?

arepee

Established Member
Does anyone know what the rev/mile set by the factory is for a 2012 GT/CS. The tires that came on it were 245/45/19 and according to a rev/mile calculator that works out to roughly 729 rev/mile. Can anyone confirm this? My SCT x4 just says Factory for this setting and does not list the rev/mile that it's set at.

And now the part that makes me feel dumb. I'm assuming that if you run a larger diameter tire than stock, you would need to adjust this down - i.e. 700 rev/mile (depending on tire size). And if you ran a smaller tire, you would need to bump it up - i.e. 750 rev/mile (depending on tire size). I'm not a math genius, but I'm also not dumb - just wanted to confirm that my thinking is correct.

Is there some other voo-doo that the computer is doing to calculate speed? According to my GPS vs speedo, I raised and I lowered the revs/mile and my speedo kept getting further away from what I thought was correct. I assume this is trial and error as to the exact revs/mile, since the tire manufacturer listed revs/mile wasn't even close.

Now the part that may make this all go away, my speedo is off by roughly 5 mph at the moment with the stock rev/mile. Am I going to be able to get it closer, or should I just cut my losses?

Thanks,
Ross

Users who are viewing this thread