Factory rims in black chrome anyone?

Teal93

I have been thinking of doing this with my rims, but would like to see if anyone has done this with there rims. I currenly have them chromed but are really starting to peel and flake off so I am going to redue them in black chrome or chrome again. What do you guys think?

tommygun

Established Member
I have been looking at 18s for my teal and went to the shop and put a black chrome wheel on it and it looked like poop to me... now it might look good on your red car, but teal not so much

teal need chrome imo

tommygun

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Red needs chrome IMO as well.

except that red one with the black 18in ROH Drift Rs.. posts on here

drool... drool......drooooooooooooooool

1002105tm8.jpg

and im not a black wheel fan but this car just does it

carguy19

Established Member
The M5 wheel finish is really nice.

Its like a 3 stage paint, its black base coat, with silver transparent paint and clear over it. It looks silver in the light and the edges of the wheels look dark grey/black in the shadows.

92wikidlx

Established Member
Have a couple sets and sent out a set to get done.
Also have a set in show quality chrome, and 2 sets in original (1 of those still in the ford boxes).

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
92wikidlx said:
Also have a set in show quality chrome, and 2 sets in original (1 of those still in the ford boxes).

Those wheels look hawt. Good call.:beer:

bad93svt

Established Member

Who did you have chrome the wheels? I am wanting to send mine out to have them done.. also, how much weight does chrome add to the wheels?
thanks jeff

Teal93

Wow that looks good with the black. what do you guys think with the red cobra? Becuase its the red cobras rims that i want to get done. the teal one already has chrome ones done.

92wikidlx

Established Member
These are the guy's I had do the rims. AS far as weight don't know.It wasn't much shipping was the same price. They are pretty good 1 rim was out of round so they fixed that and black chromed them, I think it was around $1,000.00.
http://www.wheel-repairs.com/

Users who are viewing this thread