Factory wheels

03stang74

Established Member
Im sure this is a pretty easy question for everyone to tell me, but is a Nitto 315 DR too wide for a stock 9in rim? :shrug: I know nitto run narrow so figured I would ask.

Driver500

Established Member
I run those tires on a 10.5" and they sit flush. They will have a huge bulge on the 9".

I'd go with a 275. They sit pretty nice on my 9" fronts.

Last edited:

CFRADAM

1 bad 03
Established Member
they will fit.I had them on my first 03 cobra and had no problems.some tire shops wont mount them because the rim size is smaller than what is recommended

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
How about a 315 in some other tire, such as BFG KD's or even the Crapyear F1's? I had 315's on my Jeep in the rear on a 20x10 with 275's up front on a 20x9. I am guessing it might be pushing it, but I actually like the stock chromes, and if I can go without replacing the rears and just plus sizing the tires, I'd be a happy camper!

ttk53

Established Member
How about a 315 in some other tire, such as BFG KD's or even the Crapyear F1's? I had 315's on my Jeep in the rear on a 20x10 with 275's up front on a 20x9. I am guessing it might be pushing it, but I actually like the stock chromes, and if I can go without replacing the rears and just plus sizing the tires, I'd be a happy camper!

nittos are the only 315 that fit stock rim

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I've debated on doing the same thing. They do fit, but do they fit correctly? After looking at many pics here on the forums at the side walls and contact patch are I've decided to go with the 275's on my stock rims.

The 315's do bulge a little and looking at pics of these on the 9" rims, the tires sort of crown and the contact patch is really not any better than the 275 tire on the same rim. That's my take on it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread