Failed Inspection for DTC P1000

army_man1014

Established Member
well as all you guys know New Jersey is extremely strict about emissions and inspections. WEll today i took my car to get inspected. I knew my car was throwin code P1000. THis code just came up 2 weeks ago when i got my car tuned again. WEll it failed for this code and havin a military sticker in the place of where the inspection sticker goes FML.

THe guy told me this happens all the time when people recently had work done to there car and the batt was disconnected so just drive 10 miles and come back. WEll i know this isnt the problem cause i drive to work everyday in my car. Can u guys please help me on gettin rid of the code

army_man1014

Established Member
oh yea here is the code and what it means lol

Number P1000
Type Powertrain - Manufacturer Controlled DTC - Manufacturer Controlled
Description

OBD II Monitor Testing Not Complete Conditions
Cause

Key on or engine running, this code is set when a PCM Reset is performed and then one or more of the OBD II Main Monitors have not been completed It should be cleared from the PCM to pass an I/M Test for registration

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
p1000 is not really a trouble code so your car can't actually "throw" the code, as It is just an information code that is present until the drive cycle is complete after a program, or loss of voltage, etc.

I do not understand how they can fail you for that code. I guess maybe all monitor testing has to be complete so they can tell if any trouble codes are actually present.

And the drive 10 miles won't always work. The car has to complete a drive cycle that includes a certian number of stops and starts, mph, rpm, etc. So if all you do is drive to work and back everyday, then it can't complete the drive cycle.

army_man1014

Established Member
well since the weather has been nice i been drivin to work and back which is 100 miles a day. i get on her a few times a day and i usually hit traffic so im stoppin and all. When he tested her it didnt show any codes but when i use my predator thats what came up. So im assuming thats the reason why i failed.

He also said the test didnt complete so i should drive it more. so something is allowing the test to stop. Do u think not havin cats has anything to do with it? should i return the tune stock just for the inspection?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
some people will disconnect the battery to clear dtc's and then try to get past the emission check.

well what happens is a p1000 code is automatically thrown to alert the emission inspector that the system was tampered with.

did you have previous codes that you tried to clear?

Last edited:

army_man1014

Established Member
some people will disconnect the battery to clear dtc's and then try to get past the emission check.

well what happens is a p1000 code is automatically thrown to alert the emission inspector that the system was tampered with.

yea i hade p0139( i think) which was fuel delivery code. I had a ruptured fuel line in my tank so got that fixed and then retuned by HPH

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member

Yes,
A hand-held tuner will also do the same + 100 other important functions..
Jeff

mooch91

Established Member
Dealing with the same, my car won't ready any of the OBD monitors. Inspection station thought it was a reecent battery reset and lack of driving that's causing it; I believe it might be something turned off in the tune. Seems a lot of us NJ folks are suddenly dealing with inspection failures...

army_man1014

Established Member
Dealing with the same, my car won't ready any of the OBD monitors. Inspection station thought it was a reecent battery reset and lack of driving that's causing it; I believe it might be something turned off in the tune. Seems a lot of us NJ folks are suddenly dealing with inspection failures...

ok so what are the options for us NJ people.I cant roll around with a rejection sticker forever lol. plus our cars are way to sexy tohave a red rejection sticker on it.

returning the car back to its stock tune and a 50 mile drive should fix the problem right?

mooch91

Established Member
The way I look at it, it depends a lot on your bolt-ons (or removals). If you've gone so extreme as to delete EGR or remove cats, then your stock tune is going to throw codes. High boost with MAF extender and injectors would almost surely throw codes as well. Just a different, failing condition.

Any possibility of speaking with your tuner? I bought my car used, so I'm in a bad situation too.

Users who are viewing this thread