Fair price for brand new 2008

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Hello All,

I'm looking at a GT500 at a local dealer. Here are the specs:

Brand new 2008 coupe, HID, Premium trim, Shaker 1000. MSRP is $47,300. What would be a fair price for it? I don't know if it has the flywheel issue, as I can't find the build date on the sticker online. Any help would be great.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
local couple bought a leftover 09 for their son in S IL last month for $39k.

Interesting, thanks...I know that there is a thread already about this, but I thought if I added some specs it would help. Are there any incentives from Ford regarding the 2008's anymore? Even if there was a finance incentive I'd be interested in seeing what it is.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Hello All,

Brand new 2008 coupe, HID, Premium trim, Shaker 1000. MSRP is $47,300. What would be a fair price for it? I don't know if it has the flywheel issue, as I can't find the build date on the sticker online. Any help would be great.

PM me the VIN and I can give you a build date.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Hello All,

From what I have been reading everywhere is all the 2008s and early
2009s may have the flywheel issue. If built after 9/08 then car will have update flywheel.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
So I called yesterday and talked to a salesman. After 20 minutes he figured out I was interested in the GT500 coupe, not the v6 vert...AFTER 20 MINUTES. I said "I'm trying to hit a home run with a toothpick, there really is no chance you'll be able to meet my requirements." He said you never know unless you try. I asked him about the flywheel issue, he had no idea wtf I was talking about. I asked if I came down would he let me drive it, he said yes...sure, right. I asked if he was sure, he said yes. I might go down tomorrow just to drive it to see how it compares to the Terminator. I should show him trucar's website and also the 08 GT500 that sold on ebay last week for $32K and ask him if he can match it...just for kicks.

svt1111

Established Member
There is an 08 with 160 miles on it for $38k on autotrader right now and its black with silver stripes.

svt1111

Established Member
I should print that ad out too and show it to him. This one is black w/white stripes.

Spoke with the dealer on this one today. The car is actually $41k. The $38K price advertised is with $3k down. For the life of me I didn't see that anywhere in the ad. Makes me wonder why the auto industry is doing so poorly??? Old school tactics like these, they should deserve to go down.

Plus, this car was actually titled for all of 160 miles, so technically its not new.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Spoke with the dealer on this one today. The car is actually $41k. The $38K price advertised is with $3k down. For the life of me I didn't see that anywhere in the ad. Makes me wonder why the auto industry is doing so poorly??? Old school tactics like these, they should deserve to go down.

Plus, this car was actually titled for all of 160 miles, so technically its not new.

I have never seen a dealer advertise a car including a down payment...

No kidding it is $38k if you put 3k down, that amazes me.

DisturbedGT500

Established Member
Yeah its amazing they're not giving low mile unwrecked cars away for 32,000. lol Im sure you'll find a salvaged title one day in the 20's thats been crashed all to Heck that no one wants, Just you ;)

Just being funny about all these Blue Light Special Prices :)

navyboy12807

Established Member

it could be new with 10,000 miles on it as long as it has never been titled its new technically speaking. the gm or the owner might have decided to take the car out for a spin on a perfect sunday afternoon on dealer tags. you never know. there are so many different situations that could make still sold as a new car.

when i worked a ford dealership we let our last two 08 gt500 go for 500 over invoice and this was in 08 before the 09s came in! both where around 43k to 44500k dont remember excat price but around tthose prices. it all depends on the dealership on what they are willing to take for the car and how long it has been on floor plan.

usually not to many sales people know much about the service side of the car and most could tell u to much about the car.

well good luck. if you are an older person they might let u test drive the car. if ur a young buck like myself good luck and hope all is well!

wjlane

Seduced by the Dark Side
Established Member
I bought my new 2008 in March for $36,300. It had everything but nav (even had the car cover) and stickered for $47.5. Another dealer located it for me and did all the talking. Price included the $3k marketing allowance. The deals are out there and I was fortunate to find a dealer desperate to download this car.

wjlane

Seduced by the Dark Side
Established Member
Don Donalson at Bay Harbor Ford in Florida found the car and worked the deal for me. The dealer where I bought and picked the car up was Duncan Ford in Rocky Mount, VA.

vulk

Established Member
I may have to contact them if dealers in CA won't budge. Thanks a lot :beer:

Prodigy SVT

Established Member
I bought my new 2008 in March for $36,300. It had everything but nav (even had the car cover) and stickered for $47.5. Another dealer located it for me and did all the talking. Price included the $3k marketing allowance. The deals are out there and I was fortunate to find a dealer desperate to download this car.

WOW!!! That's a freakin deal!!! Guy's are listing used ones for $40-$42k, no wonder why they aren't selling.

Users who are viewing this thread