Falken Azenis RT-615 vs. BFG KDW2s

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Thought I was decided on a tire..but now im not...... Right now I have BFG kdw 2's and dry traction blows, there is none, AT ALL.

Anyone know if these Falken Azenis RT-615 http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...indTireProductCategoryDetailBrnd.do&tc=FALHZA are any good? I tried searching but svtp.com is always lagged and it keeps timing out.

Im looking for superb dry traction, dont drive in rain so i dont care about that, 200-300 miles a month on the car, i want them to last as well. These any good compared to bfg kdw2s?

havoksdream

Pimp Daddy "J"
Established Member
I have the BFG KDW2 right now and the traction is great. If you have the money and since you're driving around that much try the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar's. I had them and they hook like nuts for a street tire. But I only got about 9-10K miles out them.

As for the falkens, I've purchased some (different) for the front and they vibrate a little

Hi-Hat

Established Member
I get great traction on my KDWs too. How much air do you have in your rear tires? Do you have the 9s or the 10.5s back there? The Goodyear Eagle F1s would be a great alternative but if I'm not mistaken, arent those REALLY pricey?

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Hi-Hat said:
I get great traction on my KDWs too. How much air do you have in your rear tires? Do you have the 9s or the 10.5s back there? The Goodyear Eagle F1s would be a great alternative but if I'm not mistaken, arent those REALLY pricey?
I have massive amounts of torque though, im quite a bit quicker than 03/04 cobras. with around 20psi in my back tires traction still doesnt exist, so kdws are out of the question, 295s are the biggest they make and they are just garbage for traction on my car. :nonono:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
yea 20psi is not going to help the traction one bit. My KDW2s hold quite well for my power level (not much more than stock lol) compared to my stockers. a BFG DR or a NT555DR may be the only way

havoksdream

Pimp Daddy "J"
Established Member
BFG g-Force T/A Drag Radial??? 315-30-18 Great price for the traction you get.

IMHO, "Im looking for superb dry traction" and "want them to last as well" don't go together. Maybe Toyo's will work for you.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
havoksdream said:
BFG g-Force T/A Drag Radial??? 315-30-18 Great price for the traction you get.

IMHO, "Im looking for superb dry traction" and "want them to last as well" don't go together. Maybe Toyo's will work for you.
Yeah, I'd have to agree w/ that too. The very nature of soft, high traction z-rated rubber means you have to live w/ the trade off of accelerated wear. I have to replace a set of rear KDW2s once a year after about 10k miles. It sucks 'cause they ain't cheap but I just kinda look at it as the price to play this game.

One thing you might want to look at if your car is still IRS is the alignment in the rear. If the rear isn't tracking right and the wheels are all whack-a-doodle no tire is gonne hook right.

You may want to look at some Nittos, I hear their dry traction is supposed to be pretty good. But if you're having that much of a problem maybe the drag radials are the way to go for you.

Users who are viewing this thread