Falkens???

across5aprils

Established Member
Hey guys i just bought 18x9 (front) and 18x10 (back) saleen rims for my mustang. I was looking at tires and really seem to like these FALKEN FK-452 tires. I was wondering..they any good? And also Would it look odd to have 275/35/18 in the front and 295/30/18 in the back?? Im not concerned about width cause thats def what im going with but the different sidewall profiles would that look dumb on the overall look of the car? Thanks guys

Teksid281

Banned
Sorry no input personally on the tires, but i think you should go with a 295/35 in the rear. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the 275/35 would be as tall if not taller than the 295/30.

across5aprils

Established Member
I would def go with 275/35 front and 295/35 rear but that falekn tire doesnt come in 295/35 only 295/30 which is so stupid on their part

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
If you go with a 265/35 tire in the front your aspect ratio will be close to a 295/30 in the rear. It would be 4.25mm per sidewall, 8.5mm total tire height difference.

96svtsnake

Established Member
I would not do the fk451's. I put them on my cobra and am not too happy. The traction and ride are not very good. They are not the worst tire you could put on, but if I did it over again I would put something else on. Thier rt-615 is suppost to be pretty good. I think they are more of a competition tire though.

Immortal LuD

Established Member
RT-615's. I'm thinking about doing them on my Cobra for daily driving. I've done Nitto's, and I've always loved Falken's tires.

Why wouldn't you do 275/35 on the front, and 315/30 on the rear? I had that setup on deep dish FR500's, and they were perfect! But I believe my rears were 10.5, not 10.

across5aprils

Established Member
well cause the 452's dont come in 315's i dont think but now im def thinking about getting these RT-615'S with that exact setup you just said,

Immortal LuD

Established Member
I'm either doing them on my current setup, or going with the Nitto 555R drags, with extreme's up front. It's actually cheaper.

If you do end up getting the RT-615's, let me know how they ride as far as sound. I'm really thinking about picking them up in the next few weeks.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
If you do end up getting the RT-615's, let me know how they ride as far as sound. I'm really thinking about picking them up in the next few weeks.
I can speak to this as I had them as open track tires for two years. I drove to/from the track on them. They are a decent street tire but I would not recommend them for daily driving unless you are wanting to do some auto-x/open track days too. The wider the size the more thay tend to trammel. They are also more round verses square when it comes to the traction width if that makes sense. I would go with one of their newer FK452 for a grippy street tire. I just saw it in the latest Road & Track mag.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Don't know if you have used this site before but it kinda helps with situtions like you are having allows you to see the differences between sizes in both the side view and a head on view. Hope this helps.:beer:

Tire size calculator

19Mystic96

Established Member
I have nitto Invo's and they are great! they hook well and the ride is great too..

only falken set i had came on the car when i bought it, and they sucked... not too sure on the model of the tire though..

Users who are viewing this thread