Fastest Car on Netflix

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Anybody watch this show? Just fininshed it today. Kinda goofy, kinda fun. The guy with the Lambo is my favorite, you'll know what I'm talking about if you watch it.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I don’t really get it. I like the cars but they make it seem like such a huge deal that these “sleeper” cars are trying to beat a super car. Half the cars arnt even sleepers. Like the blue twin turbo s10 that runs 8s. Had a nice paint job and drag wheels on it lol. And which lambo? I like the hurcan guy but the aventador guy makes me want to punch babies.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
It was ok. I wasn’t a fan of the non-supercars being referred to as sleepers. Those cars weren’t sleepers. They fell into one of two categories: full effort drag car or complete shit. I could tell who was going to do well just by the level of prep and level of build. Also, it was a weird thing to run on a dry lake bed for the finale. You run the entire competition on unprepped airport, which was very cool. Of course the all wheel drive Lambo was going to do well. I was a huge fan of the Ferrari 488. Super cool car and she is a hell of a driver and a real car enthusiast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I enjoyed it, but the whole, "built not bought!" mentality annoyed me. Just because you can afford a nice car doesn't make you any less of a car enthusiast. Unless of course you're like the douche with the wrapped Aventador SV...

My favorite "sleeper" was probably the Mazda 2.

SteedSpeed

Established Member
It’s pretty entertaining. I didn’t like how every car that wasn’t an exotic was termed a sleeper. They also tried really hard to drive the divide between those that buy nice cars and those that build their own cars. I bet most of the “sleeper”owners would buy a high end sports car if it was financially possible for them. I wish it would talk a bit more about what was done to the different cars. They essentially threw out vague HP numbers and references to nitrous and FI.

I did like the variety of cars, I think they tried to bring in a diversity to appeal to a wide audience. There are some interesting people too in both good and bad ways.

I think it’s worth watching all the way through because the winner of the whole thing made me laugh. Also that thunderbird was seriously awesome.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Like the blue twin turbo s10 that runs 8s.

lol the one that looked like it maybe ran high 11's when it made a pass at Milan? seemed like that guy was full of crap.

I was disappointed in the cars they picked, Detroit definitely could have been represented better than what it was. The Thunderbird was probably my favorite car.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I couldnt get past the Viper guy.

If you think he was bad, should’ve seen the clown in the Aventador. The fella so over the top terrible, it was actually funny.

This show was a train wreck I couldn’t stop watching. Honestly I like the premise of the show, but the production, editing etc was terrible. If the show does come back, then I hope they ease up on every ones SOB story and focus more on the cars, builds etc...

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
If you think he was bad, should’ve seen the clown in the Aventador. The fella so over the top terrible, it was actually funny.

This show was a train wreck I couldn’t stop watching. Honestly I like the premise of the show, but the production, editing etc was terrible. If the show does come back, then I hope they ease up on every ones SOB story and focus more on the cars, builds etc...
Exactly. It was way to cinematic. We want to know whats done to the cars. Not how you need to prove to your dad that your junkyard ls swapped pick up can beat a lambo.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Exactly. It was way to cinematic. We want to know whats done to the cars. Not how you need to prove to your dad that your junkyard ls swapped pick up can beat a lambo.

they really ruined the races with that shit too, it was jarring to watch. Just film the damn cars, don't need to see the expression on each drivers face during the race.

96dreamer

Established Member
Watched the first episode last night. Will not be watching another. Despite the show being 90% dramatization it had some pretty cool cars. Wish they would have went into more detail on some of the setups. I couldn't get past the guy in the ford gt calling the motor a coyote and the nitrous on the rat rod truck being iced down before the run.

tistan

Established Member
Everyone on there that has a sob story. I don't give a **** about how hard their life has been. I want to watch car shows that help me forget how hard life is.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Watched the first episode last night. Will not be watching another. Despite the show being 90% dramatization it had some pretty cool cars. Wish they would have went into more detail on some of the setups. I couldn't get past the guy in the ford gt calling the motor a coyote and the nitrous on the rat rod truck being iced down before the run.
The coyote comment caught me off guard to. I tried looking it up thinking maybe he put a blown coyote motor in it? If that’s not the case then he just lost a lot of validation considering who he is lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The coyote comment caught me off guard to. I tried looking it up thinking maybe he put a blown coyote motor in it? If that’s not the case then he just lost a lot of validation considering who he is lol.

The other thing I was thinking of was the coyote faux pas could be a result of the super shitty editing, like he was talking about coyote motors in general etc...and they took it completely out of context with shit copy/paste editing ...or the guy really is a ****ing knob.

121AK

Established Member
Ended up watching the entire series. Should have been a rule you have to own the car, not borrow it from a friend. Wasn't a fan of the kid borrowing a lambo from a buddy.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Ended up watching the entire series. Should have been a rule you have to own the car, not borrow it from a friend. Wasn't a fan of the kid borrowing a lambo from a buddy.

At least he was honest about it and seemed pretty down to earth. It was funny when he said he had to YouTube how to use launch control and everyone laughed like they had it in the bag. Nope, because launch control worked! LOL

scott_0

Established Member

lol he was a meat head so my nephew texted me about two hours ago asking if Ford GTs were coyotes, I replied "you must be watching that goofy ass Netflix show"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The other thing I was thinking of was the coyote faux pas could be a result of the super shitty editing, like he was talking about coyote motors in general etc...and they took it completely out of context with shit copy/paste editing ...or the guy really is a ****ing knob.

Definitely was a knob. Seemed like he hardly knew shit about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread