fav turbo kit for under 5k

vemom93

Looking to buy a good streetable turbo kit. Looking for getting about 400 rwhp with no more than 10 psi. And also looking for ease of install.

TRBO VNM

Toby,

we talked and you know my opinion and the hellion can be had for under 5k or right at 5k with ball bearing upgrade. that is shipped. but as we talked, you wanted to delete the injectors, MAF and pumps. ready to ship. :beer:

vemom93

ha ha easy buddy. Just looking around to see what people think. Hellion is still my top choice. I just dont wanna spend 5k without being absolutely sure that its the right one for me.

Your still the man with the master plan :beer:

TRBO VNM

C0BRA93 said:
ha ha easy buddy. Just looking around to see what people think. Hellion is still my top choice. I just dont wanna spend 5k without being absolutely sure that its the right one for me.

Your still the man with the master plan :beer:

oh, I know toby. you asked the question, so I had to give my input for you and others. :thumbsup: just let me know when you are ready and I will get a special price for you. :rockon:

shauns97cobra

Established Member
Are all the hellion kits the same, where the exhaust runs under the rack and pinion? I was looking at hellion but if they all run like that I may have to look elsewhere because of clearence issues.

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
shauns97cobra said:
Are all the hellion kits the same, where the exhaust runs under the rack and pinion? I was looking at hellion but if they all run like that I may have to look elsewhere because of clearence issues.

Yeah, i was looking at them to but that was a issue for me also. If it was ran like the hp kit that would be perfect.

vemom93

all I know is hellion has been recomended by many people to me as the easiest kit to install on your own. No fab work at all, and its all supposed to just fall into place.... I do have a 5.0 though.

TRBO VNM

For the fox body kit, all the piping is above the kmember so there is no need to worry about anything with that. Nor should you have to worry about the other kits that go under the kmember.

I just spoke to John Urist and he said when utilizing the aftermarket kmember and the piping goes under it, you are only loosing 3/8 of an inch of clearance. The aftermarket kmember does not sit as low as the stock kmember. you need to take that into consideration when looking at the car. The factory kmember definitely sits a lot lower.

I have no issues with my kit, nor do others who have used it. I don't understand why others would have a problem unless you are riding around in a low rider.

TRBO VNM

DirtyD916 said:
the hp performance kit on a 93 cobra made like 630hp and 7xx torque

at what boost?

I am looking at what Toby's goals are. He is looking at 10# in the 400rwhp range. I am sure the HP kit ran more boost than that to make those numbers.

Hellion offers their base kit with a 62mm turbo. That kit is capable of 550+ rwhp and 600-700rwtq. all depends on the cars setup. It is upgradeable to 66 or 76mm. the kit is fully stainless steel as well.

the kit out of the box comes running 8-10# and with a controller can run more boost. Out of the box is all he will need to make the power he wants. And later on if needed he can turn up the wick or upgrade the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread