FD3S RX7 vs 07 GT500

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Hey all.

Im not one for bench racing but i wanted to post up pre-race to see what readers thoughts are. Theres a guy local to me that has a built FD3S RX-7. super clean. hes running a conservative tune that he claims makes 430RWHP. stock bore 1.3L with a Precision 6266 turbo and some suspension mods with Nitto NT01's. Mods on my car are in my sig. i know pulley swapped GT500's usually are around 540ish which ive never had dyno'd. The power to weight ratio is the big factor here. his car weighs about 1000lbs less than my car. I figure it to be a decent few runs. I still need to get my dual fan HE installed which i would like to do beforehand. weve talked in person and hes a really chill dude. were both pumped to get these runs in soon.

flame suit is on if anyone cares to comment.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member

Thatll be next year for me!

yea the only thing i can see maybe going my way is that he wants to do a 40 hit. i figure ill be right in the sweet spot of 2nd gear but hes going to brake boost. so i think i can get an early jump. but i agree. im sure hell sail by. the car is more aerodynamic and lighter.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Thatll be next year for me!

yea the only thing i can see maybe going my way is that he wants to do a 40 hit. i figure ill be right in the sweet spot of 2nd gear but hes going to brake boost. so i think i can get an early jump. but i agree. im sure hell sail by. the car is more aerodynamic and lighter.

:beer:

FWIW have seen them fairly cheap, takes-offs anywhere from 1300-2K

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
:beer:

FWIW have seen them fairly cheap, takes-offs anywhere from 1300-2K

yea definitely. it just seems like a no brainer to me. i love the whipple 2.9 but for what i want i think the TVS will be a much better affordable option.

Novtec1

TIE Fighter Pilot
Established Member
Big turbo FD its gonna be a run..... and hes gonna pulll up top once that turbo gets to full spool....

about to pull my 1.3 and freshen it up and single turbo it....

20150514_094408_zpsacnnftww.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^Nice stable!!!!!!!!! I have always wanted an FD RX7, that and a MKIV Supra...Though the former is a lot more likely to happen than the latter.

Last edited:

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Big turbo FD its gonna be a run..... and hes gonna pulll up top once that turbo gets to full spool....

about to pull my 1.3 and freshen it up and single turbo it....

View attachment 67768

Yea super nice stable! Really dig it. I love my GT500 but I would love an FD, Supra, or Skyline. Then again, who wouldn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread