Feb 2nd the day I get bitch slapped around.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Excellent showing Steve... That is exactly the way it thought it was going to go anyhow. You could have easily capitalized with some good GnP but showed restraint and were patient waiting for the armbar to open itself out... I was hoping for a little more torture but you showed to be a great sport !!!

I need to get together with you guys to see if I can learn a little something !!! :)

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Who's gonna come watch me get beat up?

There's a big angry guy, who's lost three fights in a row with Adam, lost some money, stands to lose some more and now wants to fight this helpless fat guy. :(

Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Congrats Steve, way to bust his ass...:rockon:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Thank guys. I was just ready for it to over with as little damage as done possible to both parties.

After a long discussion with my instructor I decided that I was going to end it quickly without either of getting hurt too badly. The Roman blood thirsty crowd wanted to see someone seriously injured for their mere entertainment. As a martial artist, a human being, the right thing to do was protect myself, protect my opponent from himself. He's a good guy deep down that is passionate about his beliefs just a lil hotheaded. I know my decision wasn't going to be popular with the crowd, but I don't care. I took it as a responsibility as a martial artist and a teacher to lead by example and take the high road and it's not always a crowded path on the high road. The haters can hate and question my abilities all they like. I don't need anyone else's assurance in my capabilities. I took the high road and I can come away with a little dignity with the ridiculous situation I allowed myself to get pulled into over some silly nonsense. I was taught that if you don't learn from every incident it's a waste. I learned from this that not everyone interprets information the same way I do, or my friends. Nor do people have the same sense of humor or sense of sarcasm. It reminded me yet again of my martial arts values. The arts for me are for my own personal growth and piece of mind and for self defense when needed. Somewhere along the line I lost my sense of self and allowed myself to drawn into it. I'm better then that and in order to teach others to be better, I have to act accordingly. As a young martial artist, I kind of rolled my eyes when my instructors would bring up the subject of humility. Now, I understand what they were talking about. Ego, humility are just as important as confidence, speed and strength in the arts. I learned first hand what the old saying of "with great power, comes great responsiblity". Getting hurt, or hurting someone over some internet and e-thuggery nonsense is just stupid. I'm getting a lil older, a lil wiser. It just seems some lessons come along a lil slower. I apologize to my friends and my wife for seeing myself conduct myself poorly and I promise to continue to be a work in progress and correct my faults.

Steve

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
That was a class act if you ask me. I mean yeah, two grown men going at it
for fun with a good probability of serious injury was dumb but you were very
professional in all aspects of the fight. Any sane fighter would love to end it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread