Feb 6..New Pics of Cobra to be released

SVTNICK

Established Member
Just talked to Steve at SVT..said the "real" pics are to be posted on the website in early Feb.... said dont believe all that you hear...lol..yeah right..lol.:D :D

CbrCpe

Established Member
2002marchbig.jpg

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
what month motor trend is that? i have the newest one sold around here and it's the one with the new zo6 and nsx on the cover.

CbrCpe

Established Member
I think it will actually look different than this photo. We will know in about ten days. I also think that Ford is under rating the hp @390. MotorTrend

Last edited:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
i'm thrilled with 390 hp but a 70 hp jump seems like pretty modest boost. i've heard that the coupes will be about $35,000? if they can keep them there and build enough to prevent the $10,000 mark up i will probably buy one. yellow or black since they bitched out and got rid of performance red.:mj:

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
WHAT?? No more performance red?

Well my 01 is that color, I love it, the cops love it, so why get rid of it? lol

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I can't seem to get my hands on an 01 performance red cobra. Want to give me yours? teehee They should of made more than the 150 or so than they did. The Rio Red isn't as nice as the performance red imho.

fangstang

Established Member
Not that I know of, but as soon as they do, I'm ordering mine and trading my 2001 cobra for it! I haven't decided on the color yet though.

P.S. For all of you guys that commented on my "might be sellig my cobra" well guess what, I'M NOT! I changed my mind. This car is too damn fun to drive. Oh yeah, almost forgot, F- the police that pulled me over and almost made me get ride of my baby, and F- the ones that will pull me over in the future. Dont playa hate, congradulate!:coolman:

XLR8-R

Established Member
The Cobra on the Motor Trend cover looks like performance red to me. Are you sure they discontinued it? Won't break my heart, I got mine!

Carter

01blkcovert

Established Member
Re: 02(3) Cobra

Originally posted by 01blkcovert
Any road tests been run on the new Cobra for 02(3) yet?
Ford is buying back my 01 and I'm gonna try the new one too. I wish they'd stop procrastinating and get the show on the road. Don't know what colors are being offerred yet .

Wildpony

Established Member
Re: 02(3) Cobra

Any road tests been run on the new Cobra for 02(3) yet?

I haven't seen any but I'm sure Motor Trend will make sure it doesn't run faster than a Z06 in the 1/4 or 0-60. They will prob. have it barely beat a LS6
:gt: Knowing how they were in the past (ie-the 2000 -R they give it around a 12.8 1/4 yet at the SVT exp. Ford runs 12.2-12.3). I hope Ford underrated this motor and it runs like a 12.0-12.2 on radials. Motor Trend will prob. test the car at Milan's "greasy" track and pull a 12.9. That's okay - the vette guys will figure it out on the street real quick when they start getting whipped.:burn:

01blkcovert

Established Member
Re: Re: 02(3) Cobra

Originally posted by Wildpony

I haven't seen any but I'm sure Motor Trend will make sure it doesn't run faster than a Z06 in the 1/4 or 0-60. They will prob. have it barely beat a LS6
:gt: Knowing how they were in the past (ie-the 2000 -R they give it around a 12.8 1/4 yet at the SVT exp. Ford runs 12.2-12.3). I hope Ford underrated this motor and it runs like a 12.0-12.2 on radials. Motor Trend will prob. test the car at Milan's "greasy" track and pull a 12.9. That's okay - the vette guys will figure it out on the street real quick when they start getting whipped.:burn:

I WANT MINE! You are right about M/T. Car & Driver had 0-60 4.8 on the 01 Cobra.

fangstang

Established Member
I'm putting in an order this weekend! I currently own a white 2001 cobra coupe, so I dont know if I want white? I really doesnt matter what color I get as long as I get it! I cant wait!:rolling: :coolman:

01blkcovert

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 02(3) Cobra

I WANT MINE! You are right about M/T. Car & Driver had 0-60 4.8 on the 01 Cobra.

My SVT dealer is telling me that the Motor Trend pictures are retouched to continue to conceal the real snake but the text is accurate.

Last edited:

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by fangstang
I'm putting in an order this weekend! I currently own a white 2001 cobra coupe, so I dont know if I want white? I really doesnt matter what color I get as long as I get it! I cant wait!:rolling: :coolman:

My dealer is telling me that he can't take orders until the Feb. 6 release. I'm on Long Island, where in N.Y. are you?::D

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
i'm pretty sure that they discontinued performance red and replaced it with torch red which is a pretty similiar color. but not as cool looking as the real thing. one thing i am sure of is that i'm ordering an 03 about 15 mins after they start taking orders. i got the new motor trend today and this is,in my opinion,the baddest looking cobra i've ever seen. and it seems like it would be underrated because 8 pounds of boost should result in more than 390 hp. either way,a yellow coupe will be just fine for me. :p

Users who are viewing this thread