February Motor Trend Article....

OneBadZ06

Established Member
Picked it up today as I noticed they had a nice section on 2010 truck of the year and the Raptor was a contender.

The RAM won the honors. :nonono:

They loved the offroad aspect of the Raptor and listed the 2 primary reasons it did not win:

1) As we all know (and now so does Motor Trend) it is serious underpowered with the 5.4 V8.

2) The price.

On a side note: I was at KBB.com last week reviewing the invoice pricing for the Raptors. Last week, there was no engine option available.

As of this morning, there is!! 6.2 option, so we can offically order the 6.2 now!!! :rockon:

Happy New Year!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Motor Trend sucks! Anyone that would name the ridgline truck of the year has no knowledge of what a truck is.

Bar none the Raptor is the best sport truck on the Market today!:rockon: The f350 is the best work truck on the market today!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Peterson's 4x4 and Offroad Magazine gave the Raptor top honors.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It goes both ways.

They always give it to the newest model. Chevy won it with their new truck, and Ford won it with theirs. It's now the Ram's turn.

This award means nothing IMO.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
raptor is not a good all around truck. its not well rounded.

its serious bad ass though, great off road contender, for an everyday truck that is going to be used as a truck i can see why it didn't win.

the Dodge on the other hand is one nice ****ing truck!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I haven't put much stock in anything Motor Trend says since they selected the Honda Ridgeline as truck of the year. I let my subscription die after that one.

OneBadZ06

Established Member
I haven't put much stock in anything Motor Trend says since they selected the Honda Ridgeline as truck of the year. I let my subscription die after that one.

:lol:

So true! Its wrong to even consider that thing a "Truck". However, I'd put money down that if they get a 6.2 Raptor for their 2011 test, the Raptor will smoke the competition. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread