Federal Ticket Never Goes On Record?

82Mustang

Established Member
Saturday night i'm driving my truck(which tops out at 60mph) out to go camping, turn off and go from a 60 to a 45 but didn't slow down much because it's in the middle of nowhere, i was talking to my friend on the CB and looking for my turnoff. Next thing i know a sheriff SUV comes around a corner and flips on her lights, turns directly in front of my buddy, did a 2 point turn and stopped behind me. She got my info, i was polite and admitted to unknowingly speeding. She comes back with a ticket and after i sign she says this is a federal ticket, if i pay it within 4 weeks it will not go on my record, if i fail to pay then it goes on.. wtf? is this just another way to get money? sounds like it to me.. almost half of the drivers that were at the camping spot got a ticket for something this weekend(speeding, riding quads on the road, etc..). It was 125.00 for doing 58 in a 45.. What are your opinions? something tells me this is going on my record.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Saturday night i'm driving my truck(which tops out at 60mph) out to go camping, turn off and go from a 60 to a 45 but didn't slow down much because it's in the middle of nowhere, i was talking to my friend on the CB and looking for my turnoff. Next thing i know a sheriff SUV comes around a corner and flips on her lights, turns directly in front of my buddy, did a 2 point turn and stopped behind me. She got my info, i was polite and admitted to unknowingly speeding. She comes back with a ticket and after i sign she says this is a federal ticket, if i pay it within 4 weeks it will not go on my record, if i fail to pay then it goes on.. wtf? is this just another way to get money? sounds like it to me.. almost half of the drivers that were at the camping spot got a ticket for something this weekend(speeding, riding quads on the road, etc..). It was 125.00 for doing 58 in a 45.. What are your opinions? something tells me this is going on my record.

This doesnt make sense. Were you on Federal Land? Are you sure it was a sheriff and not a Federal Park Ranger?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have gotten two speeding tickets on federal land in the past ... BOTH of them showed up on my state driving record.

82Mustang

Established Member
weird, i'm pretty sure it was sheriff because it said so on the side of her explorer, and the truck(with a canapy) that pulled up after her said sheriff also. She said after i turned off the highway it turned to federal land and 45mph... FordSVTSFan-i thought you might have heard of this before, remember i live out in the sticks where underage drinking goes on all the time and the cops don't do anything, unless you're driving.. I don't usually drink myself(the other night was the first time in over 2 years) but had 2 bottles in a cooler in the back of the truck.. the lady was nice and never looked but she did pet my dogs in the back

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
weird, i'm pretty sure it was sheriff because it said so on the side of her explorer, and the truck(with a canapy) that pulled up after her said sheriff also. She said after i turned off the highway it turned to federal land and 45mph... FordSVTSFan-i thought you might have heard of this before, remember i live out in the sticks where underage drinking goes on all the time and the cops don't do anything, unless you're driving.. I don't usually drink myself(the other night was the first time in over 2 years) but had 2 bottles in a cooler in the back of the truck.. the lady was nice and never looked but she did pet my dogs in the back

The easiest way for me to tell right now, is for you to look at the ticket and see who issued it and what section of law/code they note you violated.

But to answer your question, Federal tickets do show up on your driving abstract.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Not an LEO but I got a Federal Ticket in the State of VA and it is not on my record and never went to DMV to have points issued but it does come up when my background is run by a LEO or by a Company doing a background check.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Not an LEO but I got a Federal Ticket in the State of VA and it is not on my record and never went to DMV to have points issued but it does come up when my background is run by a LEO or by a Company doing a background check.

I would want to know where you got your tickets. as both of mine were on federal property in virginia and both showed up. granted that was back in the 80s so things might have changed but I kinda doubt it.

82Mustang

Established Member
damn, that REALLY sucks... i was doing good for a long while and now this..i have to get my abstract checked soon too for the fireman training..effin A

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I would want to know where you got your tickets. as both of mine were on federal property in virginia and both showed up. Granted that was back in the 80s so things might have changed but I kinda doubt it.

It was October 15th, 2005.... I was caught speeding 97 in a 35 on the George Washington Parkway leaving Old Town Alexandria heading towards Mount Vernon Estates. Park Police Officer issued me two tickets Reckless Driving and Speeding 97 in a 35.

I had to appear in Federal Court in Old Town Alexandria not Fairfax County District Court. Because of some things the 97 in a 35 was dropped and I plead guilty to a reckless driving charge and the Judge made me pay $500.

I have since requested my DMV record in person and online and both had no information of my ticket and no points were issued by the Virginia DMV. I was in an accident in January of 2007 and asked the officer if he could see a reckless driving ticket issued to me in 2005 and he confirmed it was on his screen. Also when applying for my current job I informed them on my application that I had a reckless driving ticket in 2005 and my HR representative confirmed that he could see it on my background check.

Users who are viewing this thread