Fedor Fight?

Common

Established Member
From the rumors I'm hearing Fedor is done fighting. You can bash all you want but every fighter in professional MMA would probably tell you the same... that Fedor was the one of the best there ever was. For 10 years straight no one could touch him, and while he didn't fight many of the current top HW, he absolutely dominated some of the best fighters there were at the time. They all have to come to an end sometime.

MMA HW division is the most unstable division of any combat sport, the fact that he lasted 10 years ranked in top 3 in the world is pretty amazing in itself. Look at UFC hw's, UFC HW title is like a curse. Mir had it, got himself wrecked, Brock had it, got ill, then got wrecked by a fighter, Cain got it, git himself injured VERY badly. That shit is a jinx I swear....

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
He got ground and pounded brutally in the second.
They said Silva was about 285lbs at fight time, about 55lbs more than Fedor, you could see the huge size difference.
Fedor should retire imo, he will always be recognized as one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.

BTW Arlovski got KO'd in the first round pretty bad, I think his days are over as well.

Looks like Overeem is going to win this HW Grand Prix for sure now.

bmoseley

who farted?
Established Member
From the rumors I'm hearing Fedor is done fighting. You can bash all you want but every fighter in professional MMA would probably tell you the same... that Fedor was the one of the best there ever was. For 10 years straight no one could touch him, and while he didn't fight many of the current top HW, he absolutely dominated some of the best fighters there were at the time. They all have to come to an end sometime. You're a moron if you think he was overrated in his prime.

this

64comet

Established Member
He got ground and pounded brutally in the second.
They said Silva was about 285lbs at fight time, about 55lbs more than Fedor, you could see the huge size difference.
Fedor should retire imo, he will always be recognized as one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.

BTW Arlovski got KO'd in the first round pretty bad, I think his days are over as well.

Looks like Overeem is going to win this HW Grand Prix for sure now.

The russian that knocked Arlovski out looked pretty damn good too. Not sure he can beat Overeem, but would like to see that fight.

Fedor was the man, but he isn't big enough to take on these new heavyweights.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
The russian that knocked Arlovski out looked pretty damn good too. Not sure he can beat Overeem, but would like to see that fight.

Fedor was the man, but he isn't big enough to take on these new heavyweights.

Agreed, seems like these days if you're not pushing 245+ you're too light.

Serbian6er

Established Member
The best Champion ever, he ruled in his time
his time has passed now, hopefully he realizes that and doesnt keep coming back like ice man did and gettin messed up

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
Fedor's eye got Koscheked. It's a shame The Last Emperor had to go out like that. Maybe a drop to 205 could work? Who knows...

Wele miss you buddy

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
The Russian who knocked out Arlovski(SP)? knocked out Overeem. I think the Russian will win it all. Fedor is just too small with the giants fighting in todays game. I still would rank Fedor in the top 5. Great champion and what all should strive to be.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Fedor is being considered as an alternate in case anyone drops out of this tournament. I imagine he'll stay for that opportunity but after that he's probably going to retire.

endless381

Established Member
MMA-core shows all the fights.....

Sum people on another forum also was saying fedor should drop down to LH????That fight lastnite did not look like Fedor....Look like he just wasn't trying

2001sleeper

Established Member
i still think it is crazy what some of these guys weigh at fight time. They should weight in right as they step into the ring to stop such large weight differences and they definitely need a super heavy weight class.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
From the rumors I'm hearing Fedor is done fighting. You can bash all you want but every fighter in professional MMA would probably tell you the same... that Fedor was the one of the best there ever was. For 10 years straight no one could touch him, and while he didn't fight many of the current top HW, he absolutely dominated some of the best fighters there were at the time. They all have to come to an end sometime. You're a moron if you think he was overrated in his prime.
i'm a fedor fan, but 85% of his fights were against cans. you go through his fights and you have 3 against big nog, the 1 fight that started arlovskis down hill slide, the awesome cro cop fight of course, and then the loss against shogun and this loss against bigfoot silva. everyone else was pretty much just plain mediocre, including coleman, rogers, herring, sylvia, and randleman. what anderson silva and GSP are doing is more impressive than what fedor has done, considering that they are clearing out entire divisions - including the top 5s of these divisions.
fedor losing this fight is no major surprise at all, even if he was the favorite. he stops looking super human when he fights true upper echelon guys.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
i'm a fedor fan, but 85% of his fights were against cans. you go through his fights and you have 3 against big nog, the 1 fight that started arlovskis down hill slide, the awesome cro cop fight of course, and then the loss against shogun and this loss against bigfoot silva. everyone else was pretty much just plain mediocre, including coleman, rogers, herring, sylvia, and randleman. what anderson silva and GSP are doing is more impressive than what fedor has done, considering that they are clearing out entire divisions - including the top 5s of these divisions.
fedor losing this fight is no major surprise at all, even if he was the favorite. he stops looking super human when he fights true upper echelon guys.

:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread