Feeler : 2002 Turbo Roush 360R built motor

finaliize

Established Member
Feeler : 2002 Turbo Roush 380R built motor, RPP DEMO car

edit* 7/14, after an in depth search this car was one of the few RPP demo cars produced by Roush in 2002, originally left the factory as a 360R but was upgraded to a 380R before hitting the dealership, this is NOT 1 of the 4 produced directly from the factory but this is indeed one of a HANDFUL of 380R's that exist, and most likely the only turbo build 380R.

I have literally owned this car about one month, but a financial disaster came up at my job and i'm forced to sell this and get back in an economy car. The past month with this car TRUMPS the entire time I owned my 03 terminator. This is the funnest mustang I have ever driven, and the power is I N S A N E.

There is 37,xxx miles on the car, yes only 37k for a 10 year old car, and only about 6,000 on this motor. The motor is a lincoln mk viii motor with lincoln 4v heads, 61mm precision turbo, fat intercooler, manley pistons and rods, built tremec transmission. The exhaust is custom, 4" downpipe coming out from the longtube headers and it is a front exhaust. Kenne Bell boost a pump, ProfecB boost controller and Greddy turbo timer mounted in the glove box. Car came with sparco racing seats and sparco steering wheel, rear seat delete kit, wiper motors removed and A/C delete kit. There is a lot of weight reduction done to the car, and I would strictly say buy this for a weekend race car. Went to the tuner that tuned the car and on a conservative 93 octane tune at 20 lbs the car is making around 590 to the wheels. There is also a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge mounted on the tower.

I have done daily maintenance since I bought the car, I bought it a new battery, new starter, and just replaced the header gaskets with the factory metal gaskets that are pretty much guaranteed to never blow out. Car is 10 years old so there is some wear and tear on the exterior, no dings but there are some scratches and spiderweb swirls, and the front lip of the bumper definitely needs some spray but otherwise there is no problems with this car. Its a fun toy and I really dont want to sell it but I need the money immediately.

I havent decided on the price yet so PM me offers and we'll talk. I'm located in Palm Harbor FL. Clean title.

n1NGq.jpg

HRqfS.jpg

Last edited:

finaliize

Established Member
Car is legitimate had the guy I bought it from call Roush before I bought it, also could take a pic of the Roush plaque in front of the shifter if needed

like I said haven't owned the car too long so I barely have any pictures, and I sold my 03 Cobra to another member on here and he will gladly vouch that im an authentic seller

The roush serial number is also on the plaque for doubters, and for the poster above who said no pony, there is a pony on the windshield you cannot see it from this angle..

Last edited:

finaliize

Established Member
bump.. decided to replaced ALL spark plugs today so a lot of items on the motor are brand spankin new.. decided i'm going through to FOR SALE

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I didn't build the motor so I cant answer that. The car makes way more than enough power on conservative 93 octane, if you went with a race gas tune you'll be looking in the 7-800 rwhp area

I really don't see that happening with one 61mm?...

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Just a thought, but some of your info doesn't line up. Some interior shots would be nice. It doesn't have the Roush seats anymore... but it also appears they don't even match.

Why was the supercharger Roush set up removed for the current motor? Some of the appeal of the 360R/380R cars was the blower set up from Roush.

Along that same line, it would also be interesting to hear the story of a 360R upgraded to a 380R - I've never heard of that happening. The 380R was released in 2003 with a different tune from Roush right from the factory.

Any information on why it's missing the outside glass logos (front and rear quarter windows)?

Info like that might help your sale.

Users who are viewing this thread