Feeler: '98 Cobra Built/Supercharged...fair price?

deauxt

Established Member
I'm thinking of selling my car and I'm trying to gauge interest in it. Does $9-10K sound like a fair price for it?

'98 Cobra, Laser Red, 138,000 miles (daily driver, 320 miles/wk, 95% highway)
MODS:
Procharger P1SC intercooled supercharger kit (stock pulley...about 7lbs)
Boss330 built short block
- '03 Cobra block
- Forged Cobra crank
- Forged Manley H-beam rods
- Forged CP pistons
- ARP head studs
- ARP main studs
- ARP rod bolts
'03 Cobra chrome wheels (9" fronts, 10.5" rears)
JBA shorty headers
Bassani stainless catted X-pipe (gutted, pipe welded inside the cat's shell)
Bassani stainless catback
FRPP 4.10 gears
Steeda tri-ax shifter
Steeda upper and lower control arms
Kenny Brown subframe connectors
FRPP aluminum drive shaft
FRPP 9mm plug wires
RAM HDX clutch
Autometer C2 electronic boost and fuel pressure gauges
Innovate XD-16 wideband O2 system w/ gauge
Tuned by Redline Racing in Houston (410rwhp/355rwtq, 6lb pulley)
Diablosport Predator will go with the car

Like I said above, I'm thinking of selling my Cobra. I love the car, and it's actually my daily driver. I put over 300 interstate miles/week on the car and I think I'm just wasting it by driving it back and forth to work each day.

The car runs/drives great, and there are no driveability issues with the car. I put in the new engine at around 80K miles when the stock engine developed a knock. Since then almost every mile put on the car has been on the interstate going to work. (I have a 1.5-2 hour commute to work and back.) The only things worth noting are a few minor paint issues/chips around the car, and the rear end has a little gear whine from when the previous owner had them installed.

I haven't even taken it to the track since the new engine went in. To show you how the car gets treated, it still had the stock clutch until about four months ago when it finally decided to give out. It would really benefit me to get an economy car to drive to work and sell the Cobra to someone who will be able to enjoy it. Let me know if this sounds like a fair deal. Thanks.

Last edited:

cobraman302

Established Member
I say its a little on the high side due to the miles, unless the car is near mint and well taken care of. With the mods and year I was thinking $9500, but with the miles I am thinking more like $8-$8.5k. Pics say a lot though.

deauxt

Established Member
I'll have some pics after I'm done cleaning it thoroughly. The exterior is in good shape. It's not perfect...few minor rock chips and such.

Users who are viewing this thread