Feeler, B head manifold for termi blower?

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
Feeler.

[[[Edit: These allow the use of an Intercooler. It's the same manifold, just modified to fit the B head.]]]

Don't get all excited. I can't do these on my own, but I may have access to equipment at a reasonable rate.

Considering casting a manifold, derived from a termi C head manifold, except to fit the B heads. You could run the Eaton from the 03-04 cobra, the whipple, or KB.

These would probably run around $500/pc/guesstimate.

Would there be any interest?

Thoughts?

LMK

Chris

Last edited:

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
Pulling it off is easy.

Price is the issue. I would need a couple prepaid orders to get them rolling, and to make sure I don't get stuck with my pants down.

I may not be able to do them cheap enough.

I'm hoping to offer them at $500.

That's what I need to know, who is HONESTLY interested, at $500/pc.

I'll let it roll until thurs, then if there's interest, I'll get serious about it.

Thanks guys.

Chris

goat-ee

Established Member
I would like to see some preliminary drawings of what your planning? Which intercooler are you thinking about fitting in the space?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I'll be honest if it works- kick ass I'm gauranteed to buy one- but to just throw money at you for no gaurantee of return- don't think so- I don't know you from adam- but I will say just as an idea- since you came up with the idea I would assume you are going to apply one to your car as well? so make ONE, prove it works and then I promise you will have orders coming out your ears- just a thought , but when people are as strapped as lately 500 is too expensive for a dream/idea- I mean no offense by the post just trying convey my personal feelings as a potential customer of yours.

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
I would like to see some preliminary drawings of what your planning? Which intercooler are you thinking about fitting in the space?

If you've seen a termi manifold, that's exactly what this is. It just fits the B port instead of the C port.

I can't explain any better than I have.

Just imagine that you already have C heads. Throw this manifold on. Then go buy the supporting hardware to get the eaton working. It's an eaton swap, except you use this manifold instead of the C head manifold. And you don't have to change heads.

Last edited:

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
I'll be honest if it works- kick ass I'm gauranteed to buy one- but to just throw money at you for no gaurantee of return- don't think so- I don't know you from adam- but I will say just as an idea- since you came up with the idea I would assume you are going to apply one to your car as well? so make ONE, prove it works and then I promise you will have orders coming out your ears- just a thought , but when people are as strapped as lately 500 is too expensive for a dream/idea- I mean no offense by the post just trying convey my personal feelings as a potential customer of yours.

I don't take this personal, not at all. But if 5 people are going to buy one, I will prob just forget it...

It's not that I'm not hearin you. But people wanting things and actually pony-ing up are two different things ya know?

Yes I will be putting one on my Lincoln, which has B heads.

How many people do you think would realistically buy one, do you have a guess?

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I personally have a 2.1 KB and would like to be able to switch to a 2.8 cooled or even bigger if at all possible. if this were a possiblity I have seen numerous posts of people wanting to do that, there's quite a few dudes on here that would, and especially new people buying old cobras- look how many eaton swap posts there are. I think later on today you will recieve more attention on the subject.

goat-ee

Established Member
If you've seen a termi manifold, that's exactly what this is. It just fits the B port instead of the C port.

I can't explain any better than I have.

Just imagine that you already have C heads. Throw this manifold on. Then go buy the supporting hardware to get the eaton working. It's an eaton swap, except you use this manifold instead of the C head manifold. And you don't have to change heads.

Well as person that worked in a machine shop for 20 years, I have never seen anything as complicated as an intake done without some sort of detailed drawings. I am not trying to be an a$$, but as newer member here I think you need to show that you have some kind of a plan on how your are going to go about this. Not too many people are going to throw $500 at this without so much as a prototype being done.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
na svt - would I have to complete a full eaton swamp in order to run a KB2.8 or whipple? (as I said above, I am running a KB2.1 right now

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
Well as person that worked in a machine shop for 20 years, I have never seen anything as complicated as an intake done without some sort of detailed drawings. I am not trying to be an a$$, but as newer member here I think you need to show that you have some kind of a plan on how your are going to go about this. Not too many people are going to throw $500 at this without so much as a prototype being done.

Agreed 100%. I am an IT Manager for a large manufacturing company. I have, in my spare time, spent many hours drawing up a custom intake to adapt 03/04 PD blowers to B heads with an intercooler(before it is asked no I won't give anyone these drawings). I don't have any idea of your background in machining and custom manufacturing parts but what you are planning to do based on my drawings and calculations is not possible for a number of reasons. Right off the bat is hood clearence. That is my biggest issue in my design and it won't clear a stock hood.

You may have taken that into account but then that $500 you are quoting will go up by another $400-500 plus painting costs plus all the 'extra' eaton swap parts you need. This is why I see anything like this as not practical unless you are doing it to be different and then you won't have the interest. At the cost there are so many other things that can be done to give the same or more power potential.

Is this just an idea you are thinking of are have you actually taken measurements and drawn this up for prototyping? It just doesn't seem that you have this worked out very much from what you are giving us.

I as well am not trying to shoot you down but this is something I have worked alot on and have looked at exactly what you are talking about. I didn't see it as feasible so I moved on to a custom machined part that if mass produced would be cast more than likely. If you can make it work that would be great and I would love to help in any way I can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread