Feeler- sonic blue kb 03 cobra

03KB

Established Member
I recently purchased the car from Chris Acosta who is a member here and the original owner is Charles who is also a member here, I'm not sure on screen names. Anyway, I'm not sure the cobra thing is for me. Between the car payment and not wanting to break a car I can't afford to fix I think it may be time to bow out gracefully and get back into a foxbody car. I've owned the car for a little over a month...here is a quick run down...

Sonic Blue 03 cobra-

39,500 miles
2.4 kenne bell pullied for 17lbs 3.5in upper 4lb lower
Supporting fuel mods. BAP/60lb injectors/CPR fuel rail
Tuned by Lund, supposedly makes 570 on 93...I have no documentation for this
Has a single blade throttle body and cold air intake..have to check manufacturer
26 spline input shaft and brass shift fork pads? I have the receipt I will have to check again.
Spec 3 clutch
Mgw shifter-blue handle
Lunar boost gauge/ Lunar fuel pressure gauge/lc1 wideband-non functioning/ In a speed of sound pod
Lowered with h&r SS lowering springs with koni yellow struts
Maximum motorsports bushings in the IRS
Level 5 halfshafts
IRS brace
Have receipts from rear end being freshend up by ford last summer but rear does have a slight wine from 45-65 under load.
Full length subframe connectors
18x 10.5 rears with brand new 315 toyo r888 fronts have 18s as well with brand new 295 toyo r888's
Has an aftermarket heat exchanger but not sure on brand
Also has an ice box (not sure on brand)
That is what comes to mind at the moment, I will update as needed

Now for the bad-
Car has an accident history but is not a salvage tite, there was an accident with a guardrail and an additional claim from a curb. Car was repaired by D&V auto in VA with a lifetime warranty on the body work and paint. It had been completely re-painted aside from the roof and mirrors and looks very good.

-slight gear wine mentioned above
-steering rack bushings occasionally creak
-front brakes will need to be done soon

19,500 firm
I can be reached at 240-416-7963
Thanks
Alex

4467B2AD-C574-4B3F-A864-AC9FA1C83713-161-000000E28614D23E_zps434a4b26.jpg

AF76962E-4335-41AF-AA75-57F7AC34BD01-161-000000E2975CC618_zpsf3c85cd0.jpg

CDE09455-1775-4309-8D1F-5193BEEE936B-161-000000E2BEE252D3_zps34024807.jpg

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well, not sure what's on it now, but the intake is a JLT. The idler pulley bracket is a metco, not sure what kind of idlers are on it currently, but they were RR's when I had it. SCT MAF, boost a pump, spec stage 3+ clutch, trans was rebuilt with a 26 spline shaft and upgraded shift fork bushings.

CPR rails, 60lb injectors, Koni DA struts up front, single adjustable in the rear. Exhaust is (or was) bassani off-road X, and a bassani catback.

I forget the brand of the icebox off hand now as well, but I don't believe they are made anymore. Not sure what kind of heat exchanger Chris put on the car after he curbed it, but I think it's a dual pass now.

There is the full up mod list for this car in my original sale thread if you search for it. Not sure how much stuff Chris swapped out, but I doubt he swapped much.

I was not the original owner (cobrachs was) but I did have it from 07-2011. I also have the dyno sheet around somewhere, but it put down 565 on pump gas at 17lbs of boost at the time.

Last edited:

Mike681

Established Member
Great looking car, you sure you don't want to give it some more time?! Damn, I'm tempted to offer mine as a trade, with no accident history (I'm in VA).

For anyone looking, D&V Auto is an amazing body shop, they do all of Ferrari of Washington's body work, and did some work on my old 97 M3...flawless work. I'd have no problem buying a car with accident history if they worked on it. GLWS!

03KB

Established Member
I appreciate all support and additional info from the previous owner. I don't mind holding onto it, but I did pick up my old foxbody car and it would be nice to free up the funds to move forward in that direction. I did pay 16,000 for it...

NEMES1S

Established Member
This cobra is for sale once again. I love that sonic blue. About a month ago I would have traded my fox for this car. Which I think is worth 9k. Maybe next year,Glws!

Monster Mach

Established Member
I appreciate all support and additional info from the previous owner. I don't mind holding onto it, but I did pick up my old foxbody car and it would be nice to free up the funds to move forward in that direction. I did pay 16,000 for it...

Man I wish you'd take a trade of my Mach 1 and zx10r

Users who are viewing this thread