Feeler- Twin turbo 2003 cobra

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Just testing the waters to see what kind of interest is out there.

Oxford White 2003 cobra coupe with just shy of 23,000 miles on it.
Mods:
HP Performance Twin turbo kit with 50mm turbos
Steeda o2 extension wires
Billet blow of valve upgrade
SCT 2800 maf
XCAL 2
60lb injectors
Diablosport MAFia (not installed, but will come with the car)
KB BAP 40 amp (have wiring upgrade, will come with car)
Turbosmart Eboost electronic boost controller mounted in the small cupholder
Dynojet Wideband Commander- mounted on steering column
QA1 tubular k-member
QA1 tubular a-ams
D&D front coil overs with 225lb 14 inch springs (using factory struts)
Steeda C/C plates (3-bolt)
Maximum Motorsports Polyurethane engine mounts
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Centerforce DFX clutch disk
Centerforce Dual Friction Pressure Plate
Centerforce TOB
Liberty 26spline input shaft
Pro 5.0 shifter with BLWN03's handle relocation bracket
Solid axle axle from 97 cobra
Moser 31 spline axles
Eaton Posi
T/A diff girdle
FRPP 4.30 gears (have 3.55's, plan on installing them upon returning from Iraq)
X2C race upper and Lower control arms
Spherical bushings on the upper rear side, poly in the torque box side
Steeda rear drag springs
Lakewood Drag shocks
Borla Stinger exhaust
Maximum Motorsports Bolt in 6point roll bar with swingouts (brand new, not installed)
MMR Rear seat delete (back seat will come with the car)
I may have forgotten a thing or two, but that's the gist of it. Car was tuned by Randy Haywood with 8psi. With 17-18deg timing and a 10.0-10.5 a/f ratio it made 494/494. With 12psi and the same timing/air to fuel it made 560/570 spinning bad on the dyno due to the 4.30 gears. This car has never had a pulley on it, and the turbo kit has less than 300 miles on it. Heck, all mods with the exception of the solid axle have 300 miles on them. The car runs great, idles and drives like a bone stock '01 cobra. The front springs are in no way harsh. These are a good street/strip set of springs for the front. The rear setup is softer than the front, but it handles great on the street and rides great. It makes the car feel so much more solid than when it had the IRS. The paint isn't perfect. I used this car as a daily driver ever since I've had it. All up until I put the twin turbo kit on. Now she's parked in the garage. There are two scratches on the hood (about 2-3 inches long). I plan on getting them fixed though. That would be the only paint work the car had ever had. I'm currently in Iraq and I'm looking at options. I would be looking for best offer.

Last edited:

smashedheadcat

Established Member

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
WOW nice ride I'd give you every last cent for it if I didn't own one. WHY ARE YOU SELLING THAT MONSTER??? Hey be safe over there the sand sucks been there done that.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I won't sell it until I get back unless someone is die'n to have it. I'm not sure if I"m going to sell it. If I decide to, I want to know what kind of interest it'd generate. It seems that it would go pretty quick. I want to get home and put the cage in and get the 2 scratches on the hood fixed.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
I won't sell it until I get back unless someone is die'n to have it. I'm not sure if I"m going to sell it. If I decide to, I want to know what kind of interest it'd generate. It seems that it would go pretty quick. I want to get home and put the cage in and get the 2 scratches on the hood fixed.

Keep the car!!!!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
also to remember bro, there are a million people interested, but few pony up with money.... trust me, it seems like everyone wants the car but there are a lot of tire kickers and people who want the car, not people who can afford it.

keep the car bro!

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I'm keeping it, I got quite a few PMs from people for $35K. I did hurt it on thursday though..... went to the track, and of all things, the electric fan broke. LOL Not an electrical problem but the plastic ring that connects the ends of the fan blades together, broke. So she officially, popped her cherry. That's the first thing to ever brake on this car. And that is a good thing. :)

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Well maybe if you didn't have a stock pulley on there for, I don't know, 9/10th's of its life!

Just kidding bro, you have one hell of a solid car there. I always thought your car felt better built than mine.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
the pm's from people Ive learned are people just stroking themselves off. If you do put it for sale, get non-refundable deposits for a set amount upon pickup. I had 10 people say they wanted my car and to take it off the market, then a local guy came with cash one day and trailered it home... just be careful about how you value the car, i know i sound like a wiseass but i just went through the same thing

smashedheadcat

Established Member
My plan is to keep it Erik. I know you went through the exact same thing. I wish things would have worked out better for you. You had one badass car once you put that CPE on there.

Users who are viewing this thread