FEELER: WTS/WTT 2003 Sonic Blue Coupe, 22,000 Miles (San Diego, CA)

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Hey guys,

This is mostly just a feeler to see what kind of interest i have in my car as it sits. Im looking to sell due to a loss of interest in the car, im starting to want more out of it that i know i cannot get, and im looking to Get into a C5 Z06

That being said, I listed it as WTS/WTT, The only trade im interested in is a C5Z. If youve got something else cool of similar value feel free to ask but dont be surprised if i say no... Im pretty set on the Z

A Preface:

This is my 2 owner Sonic Blue 03 Coupe with minor Bolt-ons. I bought this car 2 years ago locally off craigslist from the original owner in May of 2010 with 74xx miles on it. (the dude barely drove it, it was basically new) Since then, i have been doing a mix of daily driving it and weekending it (whenever i had another car). Unfortunately, it mostly got the daily driver duty. The Car Is at about 21,100 miles, i posted 22k to account for any mileage i put on while its listed.

The Good

Modifications:
Engine, Transmission, and Exhaust:
-K&N FIPK Intake. Installed by the Previous owner.
-PRO 5.0 Short Throw Shifter. Installed by the Previous Owner.
-Bassani 2.5" Stainless Catback w/ 4" Tips. Installed by Me.

Exterior:
-Snake Grille emblem. Purchased the week before i bought the car, as a precautionary thing
-Sequential taillightz, Cannot remember the brand but they function flawlessly

Chassis/Suspension:
-H&R Supersport Lowering springs with No upper isolators. Instaled by me.
-Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates. Installed by me.
-Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors. Installed by me

Wheels & Tires:
-Front: Stock Wheels with 255/40R17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Starspecs. Slightly undersized because the stock size tires rubbed on the fender lip, both narrower and shorter than stock.
-Rear: Stock Wheels with 265/40R/17 Dunlop Dirrezza Z1 Starspecs. Slightly undersized due to the fact that it was the largest available size and i wanted the same tires front to back. Slightly shorter, causing about a 3mph innaccuracy with the speedometer.

Hombrewed Mods:
-Removed the underhood liner.
-Cut the water shields out of the heat extractor vents to aid with cooling.

Uninstalled Mods: (Can include for an increased price)
-AFCO (i believe) Single pass aluminum Heat exchanger. Was given to me by FLYIN (troy) IIRC it was either uninstalled, or used and replaced, but is in good condition. +250 to asking price (Troy if you would like it back just Let me know)
-Full Tilt Boogie COMPLETE IRS Bushing kit, Toe adjustment rods, bushing tool set, MM Low Profile IRS Bolts, 9/16 Front bolts, Billetflow IRS Brace, and Weld in Upper IRS Mount Reinforcements. All of this is Uninstalled, most of it hasnt been out of its bag. +800 to asking price (was over 900 when i bought it)

I have EVERY SINGLE stock part that was removed off the car. This includes the stock Catback, Stock springs and isolators, stock camber plates, stock shifter, stock Pulley cover (removed by PO) and the stock airbox.

Maintainance:
-Mobil 1 Oil changes every 5000 miles (7 quarts w/ wix filter). I changed at 12.5k and 17.5k, so its getting close to due, but ive been using WIX filters which are a very high quality filter.
-No other maintenancehas been required.

As you can see, the car is fairly untouched by the mods. It is still on the stock Tune, Stock pulley, ETC. The car had the intake and shifter when i bought it. In short order i added the Catback and suspension mods. The car handles well, but is honestly lower that what i would consider useful for true handling. That being said it looks great, but its out of roll center and doesnt have alot of ground clearance.

Conditions:

Exterior:

I would call the exterior an 8 out of 10. it was 9/10 when i got it, with one lonely paint chip on the quarter, then the assholes at caltrans repaved the freeway by my house, and i found out by the wonderful sound of pebbles bouncing off the hood. So its got a couple there. luckily none are too bad, and have been filled and arent very noticeable.

Also, the front rubstrip has seen better days. The PO had THE steepest driveway i have ever had the displeasure of knowing exists, and it rubbed at stock rideheight. Being as low as it is does not help the rubstrip maintain its finish. Then again that is what it is designed for, and its done its job, the front bumper has no scratches.

AFAIK there are NO major scratches anywhere on the car.

Interior:

I would call the interior a 9/10. All of the leather is in good condition, as is the alcantera, The drivers seat has its fair share of normal wear (unfortunately i am a big guy, so i tend to rub the bolster getting in and out of the car) and there is one scratch in the leg bolster on the passenger side (happened before i owned the car). The rear is immaculate, i have only had someone in the back once or twice, and usually just use if to hold my sunshade, so the leather and suede is in brilliant condition. I have been pretty good about using conditioner on the leather and protectant on the plastics to keep them from being damaged..

The alcantera could use a cleaning. Ive never been able to do it for fear of ruining it. Its not filthy or dirty by any means, but its definately a bit darker than when i got the car.

Now for the inevitable, The bads:

Fortunately this section is short.

Clutch/TOB;

-The Throwout bearing and most likely the sleeve need to be replaced. I would replace the clutch at the same time, due to it being the stock unit (i had one lapse in judgement during ownership where i was doing a photoshoot on sand, and tried to move the car with the emergency brake applied, and ended up slipping the clutch a bit. The clutch still holds the power fine, but knowing that makes me weary. Adding to that is the fact that it still has the stock quadrant, and it likes to adjust its tension nearly almost daily

This being said, the car is still very much driveable. It usually only squeaks lightly when im off the clutch, and will shut up as soon as its depressed the slightest bit. However occasionally (usually when its cold) it will make a few squeaks when its depressed, ( this behavior is scarce though).

One thing its started doing recently is the clutch pedal will vibrate against the stop when i decelerate in gear, which i believe is due to the stock quadrant and the TOB causing a small vibration

All in all, i believe the car would be fine with just a TOB and Sleeve replacement, but being the paranoid SOB i am, i would want to do a clutch at the same time.

All of that being said. I was planning on replacing the clutch, TOB, TOB Sleeve and quadrant before sellling the car. HOWEVER. If i do so, it will be with the least expensive, yet quality clutch i can find (most likely a ram powergrip) This is the reason i am posting this now, before i replace this, because i know that most of you guys like to go really, REALLY fast, so if the buyer would like to purchase it with the current clutch, in order to save a bit of coin, and not have to then go and replace it with something that will hold more power. That is perfectly doable.

For sale, i am planning on doing a Full Interior and Exterior detail, as well as getting an alignment done

Overall it as been a fun ride, but its seen the end of my interest and its time to get into something else.

Asking Price

With clutch/Without

Just the car 22,500/22,000
With the Bushings 23,300/22,800
With the heat exchanger 22,750/22,250
With Both 23,500/23,000

I am OBO, but that is what id like to get for the car.

Please PM Me for more info/ Pictures, or email me at [email protected]

Im a bit lacking in pictures right now, but heres what ive got.

When i got it, 5/??/2010 (4x4 stance)
hats037.jpg

hats036.jpg

hats034.jpg

hats039.jpg

From a photoshoot with some buddies (has the drop, ) 4/30/2011
228698_10150288423739676_3999818_n.jpg

Photo taken by a friend in june of 2011
247004_10150200236501975_5845953_n.jpg

Unfortunately that is the most current photo i have of it. I can take a bunch but i will do so after i wash and detail it (most likely next week sometime)

Thanks for looking guys.

Last edited:

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
2 owners, the guy i bought it from bought it new in 2003. I will send some pics when i can get some, im a little hesitant to take some right now cause shes a bit dirty and i dont have any time to wash her, ill send some as soon as i get some

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Don't let the clutch problem scare you guys, and likely way less of a deal than im making it out to be. it's very intermittent, but its there and that's why I mentioned it

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
I'll work on it red fire. I can take some tomorrow if you don't mind it being dirty, I'm gonna try and at least give it a good wash an clay on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread