Feeler: WTT SVT Lightning + engine/turbo parts for Termi

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Lately I have been thinking about a 03-04 cobra... So I was thinking about trading my 2001 Lighting with my current build for a cobra. I was gonna go ahead and finish up the project but I'm going to see what kind of interest is out there. This is perfect for someone who has finished up a project (your cobra) and is bored with it and wants to start another.

Here is the low down on my truck
Right now the mods i have on my truck are

Engine:
4 lb lower pully
Gator back belt
ported eaton(got it done locally)
CAI
Diablo chip
oil seperator
Dynatch longtube hearder
Silverbullet catbak
Valve body

Traction:
JLP traction bars

Interior:
touch screen cd player
two subs and encloser(the touch screen and sound system came with it when I bought it)
Gauge pod with boost and fuel pressure

Appearance:
stock 2001 Powder coated rims black
Powdercoated mustang bullit fuel cap
Reflexxion cowl hood (Custom painted)
carrige black grille
drop shackles, cut front coil, and removed one rear leaf
15 percent tints
I had the Lightning and SVTF150 emblem color matched to the theme of the truck
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-2-lightnings/173288-took-some-pics-lots-pics.html
this was with the stock ride height.

Now here are some things that are wrong with it

It idles rough sometimes because the injectors are dirty

The bottom of my front ground effect is scratched up because when I first lowered it I pulled in and the curb was up higher than I thought and it scrapped it. Also it does have 80K on the clock and alot of it was from highway driving so there are chips and bings

I have one sub that is blown, I really don't mess with it because I'm more of a power guy than a sound system guy

Interior has some scuffs from the previous owner

Other than that the truck runs strong and sounds great. I get equal amounts of compliments on the sound of the truck and looks. When I had it dyno tuned it put down 410 hp and 438 lbs of torque. I took it to the track last year and ran a 12.9 with a 1.8 60' on drag radials and havent been back since

Here is the motor and turbo parts

I have a motor that is bored .20 over, ported heads, custom grind turbo cams, Manely rods and pistons, a t-76 turbo, an intercooler, a godzilla BOV, and a custom built sheet metal intake (looks so bad ass had it painted black too). You can build the motor now(its not assembled) but the turbo requires a few more parts, and the fabrication of course, to be done. I have spent close to 8K on all of the parts and machine work. In the end with it all done I was aiming for 800hp with 22 lbs of boost and race fuel, which it would have made that for sure.

Some newer pics

http://img193.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=ddozzzer005.jpg

Thanks,

David

Last edited:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn bro. I thought you were going to finish the turbo build. Sucks to see you want to sell. Good luck with it.

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member

Prodigy SVT

Established Member
I think you forgot to list the most important thing about the truck - What Year Is It?????????? Also, you probably need a new IAC to fix the rough idle. No way are the injectors that dirty unless you run diesel for fuel. Also make sure your spark plugs are tight. This can sometimes cause a rough running engine if one has come loose and if one blows out, it's big money for repair. Cheap insurance to check them. I'm sure that you have heard of this problem on 5.4 SOHC engines. Good luck with the sale.

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Wow I can't beleive I forgot to list the year lmao! But I edited it in thanks for the heads up. I had checked the spark plugs and they are all nice and snug. Now time to go check the IAC and see what some carb stay will do

Users who are viewing this thread