Fellow LEOs. What boots/footgear you guys running?

byeofcr

Established Member
Rocky 5010's

how are these working out for you? I looked at them as well.

just an update.
I got the Tachyons in yesterday. I didnt get to wear them til now. so far they seem comfortable they are INSANELY light. lighter than my nike sneakers. no hotspots or pinch points yet. But the sacrifice of super lightweight is there isnt much inside the boot. Feels fairly flat, not much insole shape i guess is the way id describe it. there is no ankle support which i dont care for anyway because i like the range of movement it gives. I almost feels like a wrestling sneaker. i like them alot so far.
best part? no squeaking!

03cobraracer

Established Member
I wear nike sfb boots as a LEO and a soldier. they are awesome boots, very comfortable and very light. they also look very good. Very true they don't last as long as others but I would rather buy them more often and be comfortable.. I've been in foot chases and done 10 mile ruck marches they were great for both.

Sirraf

Established Member
NikeBlack.jpg

Nike's Combat. Stupid light and comfortable.

musclefan21

Established Member
I wear nike sfb boots as a LEO and a soldier. they are awesome boots, very comfortable and very light. they also look very good. Very true they don't last as long as others but I would rather buy them more often and be comfortable.. I've been in foot chases and done 10 mile ruck marches they were great for both.

NikeBlack.jpg

Nike's Combat. Stupid light and comfortable.

+1 My new ones just arrived. Cant wait to dominate some foot chases with these again. The other ones lasted me 1 full year wearing it almost every day.

Rochambo

Established Member
Since we are required to maintain a spit shine, I bought the 5.11's ATAP waterproof when I started 4 years ago. Those lasted me 3 years, and I just bought another pair. They are comfortable right out of the box, but.. not very versatile. I'd much rather chase 'em down in some Nike Air's.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Danners. I have a pair of Fort Lewis' and a pair of Acadias. I need all the ankle support I can get and I don't chase anyone, so they work. Very durable. Lightweight is nice, especially if you have to run a lot. I want the protection the Danners offer.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
The Nikes are great boots, but the sole tends to come apart from the rest of the boot. I am partial to bates boots (tried a couple different versions, too), never had a bad experience with that brand. Also loved the Converse boots, that were lace and zipper up, also great boots, but didnt last very long.

Quick tip though, when buying boots, buy two pair, and switch every other day, so your not wearing the same boot every day and they are able to completely dry out. It drastically increases the boots lifespan

one of many

Established Member
My first pair of boots were 5.11 ATAC 6 inch. I loved them and they last aout 2 years with a lot of running in them. I then bought a pair of UA tactical zip boots and I hated them. The zipper pull broke after a month, they wouldn't hold a good shine, and the inside started falling part after 5-6 months. The only good thing I have to say about them is that after being under water (working a flood) for 7 hours they did not seem to be damaged by the water. Right now I am wearing the Rocky Portalnd. This boot is built to last! It is a pretty heavy boot, and feels pretty big but its going to last a long time. I would say the comfort is ok at best. I would not want to spend my whole 12 shift standing in them but 2-3 hours is ok. For my next pair of boots I will most likely try a whole new company.

2L8ULUZ2

Established Member
If it don't start with Danner I don't wear them. Tried Bates, 5.11, Converse, and Rocky. They all last about a year and that's it. In the winter it's insulated Danner Acadia's and in the summer it's a pair of Danner Strykers. I stay away from any non-waterproof offerings as well. Nothing worse than wet feet when you can't change your socks or dry your boots out.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Under Armour here as well. Have only had them about 4 months but love everything about them so far

whitecobra98

Established Member
I wear the bates tactical ....I have ordered the same pair twice a year for 13 years...super comfortable and waterproof..they feel like a comfy pair of basketball sneakers and the sole wears very well

Rings

Established Member
UA here and Im starting to hate them! The laces are cheap and break easily, the soles split on the big toe area, they are starting to hurt my feet(think my arches are getting worse). this is my second pair btw.

A coworker LOVES his adidas boots, but I think im going to try the nike sfb's next.

byeofcr

Established Member
I work in the desert, so I sport Lowa Renegade GTX's...

3109459449.png

Awesome! PM me what department youre with.

Just an update. The Danner Tachyons are AMAZING! so comfortable and light. Been in a few foot pursuits up and over walls/fences, scrapping on the ground. They held up great so far. The toe protector has some nicks and scrapes but holding up fine. no signs of breaking down of the soles even on the heels at 275lbs. Avoid puddles but expected w this light of a boot. Was out on a robbery call 2 hours on the blacktop at 3pm in 100+ heat and stayed comfortable feet didnt get that burning feeling.
Id say check em out if your policy allows

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread