Female dog troubles

9900blueoval

Established Member
I was just blessed with the birth of my first son Daniel michael 8lbs14ozs,but the problem that i am having is with my female boston terrier (4yrsold) she pants cries and basically acts very strange when the baby moves or makes the slightest sound.I love my dog alot ,and i am not going to give up on her ,but i need some help any ideas would be great Thanx Dan

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Im no expert, but when did you bring your baby home? Almost sounds like our females, when you take one of their puppies..

281cisohc

Established Member
Sounds like you have a jealous dog on your hands ....just give her attention in front of the baby....my female standard poodle does the same thing when my bro's g/f's baby (2yrs) comes in ....after a lil bit she was cool ...like i said pay her some attention in front of the baby ...Dogs are smarter than you think and have feelings.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If she makes noise in regards to the childs actions, she may be trying to alert you.

Basically comfort her and let her know that things are alright and ok. Our family has had a couple of dogs that were jealous or very protective of children and thats what worked for us. They needed to adjust and know that the kid was going to stay and some noises were ok.

Good luck.

YELOSNK

Established Member
281cisohc said:
Sounds like you have a jealous dog on your hands ....just give her attention in front of the baby....my female standard poodle does the same thing when my bro's g/f's baby (2yrs) comes in ....after a lil bit she was cool ...like i said pay her some attention in front of the baby ...Dogs are smarter than you think and have feelings.

Most likely the case and like 281 said, just give the dog ample attention in front of the babie to let her know that she isn't going to be forgotten. Dogs are VERY dependent on your attention, and when they see something as a threat to it, they get very upset.

Users who are viewing this thread