Fender Flares?

White98SVT

Established Member
Where did you get them? I've been looking around for them but since they supposedly quit making them...I can't find them anywhere:shrug:

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
A friend of mine had them on his 97 Convertible.
They are black and in excellent condition. He told me that they were pretty expensive when he got them but he didn't like the look. I think he's nuts for taking them off because they looked excellent on his car. Lowered too w/nice wide tires.
If I don't change my springs or get wider tires(still un-decided), they may not look right.
If I decide not to use them, I'll let you know and maybe you could make me an offer.
See ya,
Kory

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
Originally posted by Chris98vobra
You can check out my web site and see mine.

I checked out your website and the dyno page in particular...I don't see how that dyno chart is even remotely correct. Torque and horsepower ALWAYS meet or cross lines at 5252 rpm. I'm going to paste in a paragraph describing this at the end. I'd seriously take a look at it and determine if your dyno guys know what they're doing...

"But most people are more interested in the engine’s horsepower. Horsepower is simply torque times rpm. That’s all. Way back, someone decided that one horsepower was the force needed to lift 550 pounds one foot in one second. But, using a dyno, horsepower is calculated by multiplying the torque by the given rpm and dividing by the constant factor 5252 (just so the number won’t be so big). Given this formula, any engine that makes 300 lb.-ft. of torque at 3000 rpm is generating 171 horsepower. Can’t be any other number. If it still makes 300 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm, horsepower increases to 228 at that engine speed. See how this works? Given the formula, any mathematician knows horsepower and torque will be equal at 5252 rpm. Horsepower and torque are usually plotted as curves on the same graph. If these two lines do not cross at 5252 rpm on a given horsepower chart, the readings are bogus."

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Powercobra98 -

You need to look again. Yes, hp is only a calculated derivative of torque. But my dyno chart has two scales, left and right. They are different. RWHP and Torque are identical at 5252. The fact that they don't "cross" is only because of the graphical representation.

I do agree, however, that the chart isn't even remotely correct.....I have alot more power.:burnout:

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread