Few Questions after Vortech Install..

GBCoyote

Established Member
I also recommend a reputable tuner for the coyote platform. It's not the easiest thing to perfect.

jtip1810

Established Member
This guy has tuned plenty of coyote's so I'll give him one more shot and if he can't line it out then I'll call one of the top tuners here, although I'm not overly excited about doing an email tune.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This guy has tuned plenty of coyote's so I'll give him one more shot and if he can't line it out then I'll call one of the top tuners here, although I'm not overly excited about doing an email tune.

The flutter is most likely caused by the BOV Vortech puts in the kit, it's barely up to the task.

GBCoyote

Established Member
My email tune is perfect. Don't be weary of it. Most people don't live next door to these tuners.

imeyers302

Established Member
My email tune is perfect. Don't be weary of it. Most people don't live next door to these tuners.

Plus one. Just finished up tuning my procharger setup with Lund. Tune is spot on. Car drives flawlessly. Don't fear an email tune from a reputable tuner on here as long as you are willing to do some datalogging.

jtip1810

Established Member
Yep if he can't get this lined out this week then I'll be giving Lund or AED a call that's my 2 choices....how long does the whole process usually take for a email tune.

imeyers302

Established Member
Yep if he can't get this lined out this week then I'll be giving Lund or AED a call that's my 2 choices....how long does the whole process usually take for a email tune.

Depends on how much datalogging you want to do at a time. I always got a response and revision within a few hours with Lund if it was during the week. Took 4 or 5 revisions to get it perfect including the base tune. It's spot on now. The last 2 were just minor tweaking. I enjoyed doing it and learned a little in the process. Link below explains process.

http://www.lundracing.com/remote-tuning-session

Last edited:

jtip1810

Established Member
Depends on how much datalogging you want to do at a time. I always got a response and revision within a few hours with Lund if it was during the week. Took 4 or 5 revisions to get it perfect including the base tune. It's spot on now. The last 2 were just minor tweaking. I enjoyed doing it and learned a little in the process. Link below explains process.

http://www.lundracing.com/remote-tuning-session

Sounds good thanks for the info...hoping I don't need to go this route right away. I also ordered the Circle D 2C for the car yesterday but that won't go in until after we make a few passed without it. I am wanting to do a before and after time slip to show what can be gained real world with the stall added. I know it is another retune after the stall is added and I think that's when I'll hit up one of the big guys to help dial in the trans on this thing.

jn2

Established Member
Getting the MAF curve smoothed out takes a few hours of driving on the street under various loads and RPMs, this is not something you can effectively do on a dyno. They have to drive the car for 20-30 minutes, stop, write the changes to the tune, then drive it for another 20-30 minutes if not a bit longer since it's a fresh flash and it will take LTFT a while to populate. Once thats done, you stop, write the changes, and flash again. you pretty much repeat those steps until you are happy with the fuel trims. I usually aim for +/- 2%.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Took me about a week to datalog and get perfect. Disclaimer: I installed everything myself and had a few issues to work out during all of it so alot of the time was my own fault.

jtip1810

Established Member
Well talked to him today and he thinks he has it all tuned out and it's going back on the rollers today for some WOT with the torque booster....update more soon as I know.

jtip1810

Established Member
Well I talked to him again last night at our local track (he ran his 14 mustang completely stock, doing a before and after mods real world gains at the track) the belt was slipping on the new set up so moving the tension over today to ensure a tighter fit and no slipping. Made 2 pulls and the torque was over 500ft lbs but leveled off around 4k and dropped hp as well with the belt slip. He said the flutter isn't there anymore but I have not driven it myself yet...hoping to pick it up tonight or tomorrow.

jtip1810

Established Member
I don't have the graph or the car in hand yet but just got a call we made 603rwhp and 520rwtq so a nice torque increase but want to see the graph so I can see how much was picked up down low and mid range. Little disappointed in the HP number only gained about 5hp but we also didn't much in boost up top so shouldn't have expected much I suppose. Soon as I have the graph I'll get it posted up...as for drive ability I am assured it's all lined out but he is double checking it today driving around and doing some more data logging to make sure.

jtip1810

Established Member
Got the car back and much improved...slight flutter mid throttle still but we think it's the vortech bov so going to change that out when the stall goes in. As for Torque Booster wow what a difference that makes. I'll post the graph and you'll see that it picks up lots of torque down low and mid range. Feels like a different car, I'm blowing the 305/45/18 555r clean off. 2nd gear will also put you sideways at part throttle. Very happy with this setup. No idea why the pic posted upside down but you get the idea.

66deac6d17b50a31b4dcb9af0a0787c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GBCoyote

Established Member
You'll need some new rubber for sure. I went with some Mickey Thompson ET streets in the same size and they hook up fairly well inflated to 17psi.

jtip1810

Established Member
You'll need some new rubber for sure. I went with some Mickey Thompson ET streets in the same size and they hook up fairly well inflated to 17psi.

I'll probably get some 15x10's for the rear and use the ET street Pro's depending on how they hook on my lightning. I just got them installed on my truck today and if they hook on the 800rwhp lightning they'll hook on this Mustang with no problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread