Few questions? Trying to decide GT vs Mach.

Hawwk11

Established Member
Hi guys.

I am in the market for a stang, originally was looking for a 03-04 cobra but the prices aren't where i need them to be so...

I am thinking about a 99-04 GT or possibly a mach 1. Now if i were to get one of these i would like to supercharge it and wanted to know if the gt could possibly be faster than the mach since the mach is a high compression engine?

More than likely i would be looking for a automatic since it will be my dd for a while.

Thanks.

02blownGT

Established Member
Mach ftw,The machs engine responds really well to boost.Stock for stock machs are the best engine at low to moderate boost levels.10 to 12psi they will run with pullied cobras all day.

Stevo151

Established Member
If your in the market for a GT and Mach how bout a 99-01 cobra too? Just curious if you thought about that or not. But if I could I'd get a Mach instead of a GT... But hey I didn't have that kind of money and ended up with a GT lol

Hawwk11

Established Member
If your in the market for a GT and Mach how bout a 99-01 cobra too? Just curious if you thought about that or not. But if I could I'd get a Mach instead of a GT... But hey I didn't have that kind of money and ended up with a GT lol
LOL! I hear ya man. I had a 99 bolt on gt 5 years ago and loved it. But anyways i have thought about that but was keeping it to machs and gt's since cobras dont come in auto. I am actually leaning toward the gt since i can also have the option of a vert.

Hawwk11

Established Member
BTW Stevo, that is one clean GT you have brother :beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Mach and 99/01 cobra > 99-04 GT all day.

Sorry Stevo. :( lol

Stevo151

Established Member
I like how the GT guys say get a Mach lol. Go with the 4v!

LOL! I hear ya man. I had a 99 bolt on gt 5 years ago and loved it. But anyways i have thought about that but was keeping it to machs and gt's since cobras dont come in auto. I am actually leaning toward the gt since i can also have the option of a vert.
Oh yeah I see, like someone else stated the 4v's are great motors and can handle more then these weak 2v's lol. Bu i definitely say a Mach
BTW Stevo, that is one clean GT you have brother :beer:
Thanks man!! :beer:
Mach and 99/01 cobra > 99-04 GT all day.

Sorry Stevo. :( lol
Hahahaha it's all good man, I would love to have a cobra or Mach instead...

Users who are viewing this thread