FFW in PHX, who plans on going?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I know its still a little early, but I was wondering who was planning on going to the FFW this yr at Firebird. I went last year and there wasn't a lot of people at the races which surprised me. I am wanting to run the Cobra in the True Street class. I think running the cruise would be worth it alone! Anybody else have plans on going?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Count me in. We just have to keep everyone informed. Maybe we can get some t-shirts made or something. :beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Count me in. We just have to keep everyone informed. Maybe we can get some t-shirts made or something. :beer:

We can put a pic of my car on a t-shirt for all of us :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: Lets see how many other people we can drag into this one and have show up. I think it would be a great time. I'll send Rick a PM and tell him to get in here too...

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Thanks for popping in Sean. Would love to have as many people as possible to go to this. My wife and I should be at the car show tomorrow, and I am working on making it to the next gtg at The Beach House. I'll let you know for sure.

This should be a great time come Nov! :rockon: :rockon:

Chris

Mac25

Established Member
I should be back by then. I dont have the Cobra any more but I still may come out.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
Sorry, I shoulda posted the link with it:

http://www.funfordevents.com/index....47&submenu=Events&view=Event+List&pos=0,20,13

I would love to see about getting all the Southwest guys there and all showing up at the same time or something. I really want to run this year, and see how well my car does at a lower altitude. Just need to try and find a SA2000 helmet by then.

Chris

i plan on going! i want to run my lightning in the truck class. so you are saying that their helmet requirement is a minimum of snell2000? i find that very hard to believe when nhra's minimum is snell 90.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I know when I looked through the rule book last year, anything running 13.99 (I beleive) required a SA2000 certified helmet. They have a link to the rules for each class from the webpage I linked. When I have time I will go take a look at it.

Chris

Big Jay

Established Member
You need a Snell98 or better helmet and a driveshaft loop to run in the 13's or faster. You need a helmet regaurless of the time in a convertable.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Originally posted by Big Jay
You need a Snell98 or better helmet and a driveshaft loop to run in the 13's or faster. You need a helmet regaurless of the time in a convertable.

Well that sucks, I have neither. I don't see me getting a loop by then, and I sure don't see me getting a helmet by then. I barely have enough time to sleep these days. Ohh well, we can all still get together on the way out there, and during the weekend. Maybe I can find somebody local who isn't going and has the proper helmet. I can always have a loop installed pretty easily since I have access to a lift at a friends house.

Chris

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
I'm trying to get my family out there with their cars, they sound interested. Will post more as we get closer.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Well that sucks, I have neither. I don't see me getting a loop by then, and I sure don't see me getting a helmet by then. I barely have enough time to sleep these days. Ohh well, we can all still get together on the way out there, and during the weekend. Maybe I can find somebody local who isn't going and has the proper helmet. I can always have a loop installed pretty easily since I have access to a lift at a friends house.

Chris

Chris,
I have a full face shield Motorcycle helmet you are more than welcome to use. You can just take of the face shield. Let me know.
Rick

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I may take you up on the if it meets the minimum requirements for the times I'll run. I have a DOT helmet now, but that doesn't quite cut it for that track. We'll just have to see how this pans out. Thanks for the offer Rick ;-)

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
I may take you up on the if it meets the minimum requirements for the times I'll run. I have a DOT helmet now, but that doesn't quite cut it for that track. We'll just have to see how this pans out. Thanks for the offer Rick ;-)

Chris
:beer:

Z O SICK

Established Member
Originally posted by FastFreddySlone
i plan on going! i want to run my lightning in the truck class. so you are saying that their helmet requirement is a minimum of snell2000? i find that very hard to believe when nhra's minimum is snell 90.

Damn, you have some nice rides!

Tony

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Ok guys, less than a month until FFW. Do we want to start planning on who is going, where to meet up, and what not? I would have thought the SVTOA would have a get together going for this, but I have yet to hear anything. I am still working on the guys in El Paso to see if they want to go. I'm definately going, just not racing :cryying:

Chris

Mac25

Established Member
I want to go but I have some training I have to go to in TX. I might make it back in time but will be there just for the show. Then all I have to do is get the wife and Kid in the cobra. She will probably want to take her car. I will keep up so if you all go in a group I will try to go with.

Users who are viewing this thread