FGT Allocations

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
  • 69% of all allocations went to existing Ford GT owners
  • 87% of all allocations went to existing Ford owners

Raj Nair on reaction to the allocation process:

"We created a distribution strategy in an effort to be as fair as possible and are working on a plan that will allow us to make even more deserving applicants happy. Stay tuned."

http://www.fordgtforum.com/2016/08/11/ford-gt-allocation-stats-news/

Makes it pretty tough for dudes like Salomondrin to complain that Ford ignored loyal customers when about 350 of the 500 went to GT owners, and almost 90% went to existing Ford customers of some kind.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Interesting how they did the selection. While I understand their methodology, I feel like some of the potential buyers are still going to let the cars sit and only bring them out from under their cover for show and tell. I was hoping to see more of the "use and abuse" the car type participants! (albeit, I'm biased and selfish in my hopes)

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Question was never answered in the other thread. Are these cars being purchase directly from Ford?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Interesting how they did the selection. While I understand their methodology, I feel like some of the potential buyers are still going to let the cars sit and only bring them out from under their cover for show and tell. I was hoping to see more of the "use and abuse" the car type participants! (albeit, I'm biased and selfish in my hopes)

There were TONS of those.

Lots of guys I know with 30k, 40k, 50k+ miles

Lots of guys I know with cars with lots of track miles.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Question was never answered in the other thread. Are these cars being purchase directly from Ford?

No, that is not possible.

The allocation is granted to the owner, not the dealer. Owner can pick any dealer that signed up to sell the car. Owner can switch dealers if he chooses at virtually any point.

Long story short, it's going to be impossible to mark the cars up.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

The allocation is granted to the owner, not the dealer. Owner can pick any dealer that signed up to sell the car. Owner can switch dealers if he chooses at virtually any point.

Didnt Toyota do the same thing with the LFA?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Since the dealers have to drop, what, 35 grand to be able to service a ford GT, would most dealers who are taking delivery of a car for a customer invest in this program? The upkeep is going to be the weird part since Ford is so strict on this.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Since the dealers have to drop, what, 35 grand to be able to service a ford GT, would most dealers who are taking delivery of a car for a customer invest in this program? The upkeep is going to be the weird part since Ford is so strict on this.

You don't have to be a servicing dealer to be a selling dealer. Investment to be selling dealer is minimal. Dealers who pony up to be service locations will be big enough to not care about $35k, and most will be paying for the requisite trailer to move the GT they got for themselves.

The amount of dealers who got a GT for personal use is small, but enough to have a decent amount of regional service. Better than you'd get trying to service a McLaren. (conjecture - assuming a number that got them for themselves will opt to service)

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

That's freaking awesome.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
There are a lot complaining about the allocation process but I like what Ford did here. Instead of the dealers selling 1 or 2 of the 500 produced to world billionaires who could care less at a million dollar adm to be lost in an obscure car collection somewhere in the Middle East desert these cars are going to some great Ford Fans without being bent over by a greedy dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread