Fiberglass hood - Pins necessary?

jobeonnet

Established Member
Ive searched and have not found my answer.
I just got a Trufiber A72KR and just noticed they say it requires Hood Pins. looking for input, is this just there way of covering there ass or is it a necessity. i see speeds of 130 frequently.

Thanks

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
probably just a safety thing. if the hook were to seperate from the hood latch things would get really shitty. if you do get hood pins please do yourself a favor and get some good looking ones and not some cheap ones from pepboys.

86Fbody

Established Member
Go Aerocatch pins, even though they are annoying to install they work really well. Pretty sure the hood pins are to make the sure the hood doesn't lift since it is lighter. The tiger hood I have needed the pins installed because the edges would lift at 65+.

TEG-84

Established Member
Haven't had a single problem with my Tiger Racing hood without any hood pins at 140ish!

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
Go Aerocatch pins, even though they are annoying to install they work really well. Pretty sure the hood pins are to make the sure the hood doesn't lift since it is lighter. The tiger hood I have needed the pins installed because the edges would lift at 65+.

Going to be honest I do not think my Cobra R hood is lighter than my aluminum one they feel about the same....

lpheaven

Established Member
I put pins on my tiger hood - prolly didnt need to but seeing the edges lift at 140+ made my sphincter tighten up so i got em installed. Plus they look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread