Fidanza 96-04 Cobra/Mach-1 7.6 Twin Disc

KoBra2.2blk04vt

gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Installed this clutch about a week ago, install was very easy and straight forward even for being on my back on the garage floor, BUT this clutch chatters from a stop when you take off, and in reverse very violent. There are some vibrations, I'm about 200 miles into the break in period, I lined all the assembly marks up when I installed it, torqued all bolts to spec. This clutch is suppost to be street friendly, will this clutch calm down after the break in period, please put in you .02. Thanks

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I installed a 4.3 unit in my car a while ago. yes it's very very violent and it will calm down by 1k mi. Atleast mine did but I don't have the twin disk..

Chris04

Established Member
Installed this clutch about a week ago, install was very easy and straight forward even for being on my back on the garage floor, BUT this clutch chatters from a stop when you take off, and in reverse very violent. There are some vibrations, I'm about 200 miles into the break in period, I lined all the assembly marks up when I installed it, torqued all bolts to spec. This clutch is suppost to be street friendly, will this clutch com down after the break in period, please put in you .02. Thanks

Same here, 500miles on it.

KoBra2.2blk04vt

gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Thanks for the replies, it sounds like there's hope that this clutch will calm down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread