Fight fan thread

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Does anyone remember UFC 1 where a big fat black sumo guy fought this little White dude?

White guy broke his hand on the black guys head and the black guy smashed through the octagon and the fight ended up in the crowd and they didn’t stop it.

I think it also had this jacked up Samoan guy walk out carrying a huge cross on his back and he fought and lost to Royce Gracie.

Also when I was young and growing up in Brockton Mass when Marvin Hagler would fight the city would literally stop and nothing else mattered. We all loved him. I used to see him everywhere and his kids went to school with me.
Great time in my life.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Does anyone remember UFC 1 where a big fat black sumo guy fought this little White dude?

White guy broke his hand on the black guys head and the black guy smashed through the octagon and the fight ended up in the crowd and they didn’t stop it.

I think it also had this jacked up Samoan guy walk out carrying a huge cross on his back and he fought and lost to Royce Gracie.

Also when I was young and growing up in Brockton Mass when Marvin Hagler would fight the city would literally stop and nothing else mattered. We all loved him. I used to see him everywhere and his kids went to school with me.
Great time in my life.
You're thinking of UFC 3 when Keith Hackney fought Emmanuel Yarborough. That fight is legendary.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I think I saw a different fight. I could have sworn they ended up outside the ring. But it was a long time ago.
I don’t remember it like this but maybe I was high with my friends.
Maybe you're thinking of the Frank Shamrock vs Bas Rutten fight where they both end up outside the ring. That was a Pancrase fight though and not UFC. Happens in the first minute.

Reaper14

Established Member
Only thing I miss from the old UFC is the price. But the skill level is nowhere near what it used to be. Even from the point where Gracie came back to get whooped by Hughes it has gotten way more skilled. Still appreciate the classics & I love how far it has gotten. Even the 1st few girl fights where mostly boring, they be tearing some shit up now.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Maybe you're thinking of the Frank Shamrock vs Bas Rutten fight where they both end up outside the ring. That was a Pancrase fight though and not UFC. Happens in the first minute.

No it was definitely the octagon.

Maybe it was a combination of the first fight you posted another fight that ended up outside the octagon and weed.Srs. It was about 30 years ago.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Only thing I miss from the old UFC is the price. But the skill level is nowhere near what it used to be. Even from the point where Gracie came back to get whooped by Hughes it has gotten way more skilled. Still appreciate the classics & I love how far it has gotten. Even the 1st few girl fights where mostly boring, they be tearing some shit up now.
Today's UFC and other MMA fighters are so much more well rounded nowadays. I avoided watching the female fighters in the beginning but now will watch them.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Great time in my life.
Haglar, Hearns and Duran WERE boxing in the 1980's until Kid Dynamite hit the scene and then he joined the elite. I always thought Leonard was overrated though.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Last night's UFC prelims literally had a guy bite his opponent. Somewhere Mike Tyson is smiling. Dana White wasn't though and he cut the guy from the UFC.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Last night's UFC prelims literally had a guy bite his opponent. Somewhere Mike Tyson is smiling. Dana White wasn't though and he cut the guy from the UFC.
Heard the dude that got bit got the bite marks tattooed and got paid to do it.

Reaper14

Established Member
Damn, guess I missed them. Got busy & didn't even look to see of there were any fights. I'll have to catch them on ESPN

VegasMichael

Established Member
Was watching some of the UFC prelims last night and watched a fighter TKO himself. Never saw this before. He went for a take down and smacked his head against his opponent's hip bone.

Reaper14

Established Member
Watched in Spanish yesterday being I was at my parents home, I don't like their commentators, they lack the excitement they put into soccer.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Anyone think Fury is actually gonna show up for the Usyk Fight?

Image1711947332.504402.jpg

Not the most exciting undercard…

VegasMichael

Established Member
Anyone think Fury is actually gonna show up for the Usyk Fight?

View attachment 1834940

Not the most exciting undercard…

You mean literally show up in the building or show up very serious about fighting and trying to win?

Reaper14

Established Member
I've purchased 1 single boxing event. It was back in the day. Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather. I felt robbed & haven't purchased one since. Not only that, bit they usually have a UFC event the same night. But I will watch Tyson vs whats his face coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread