Fighting a speeding ticket but need some help please

punchit

Established Member
Well unfortunately I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop on the freeway. The ticket is for 82 in a 65, but im positive I wasnt going any faster then 75. I am very observant on my motorcycle and did not see the officer untill he was directly behind me. He said he was hiding behind another car and pacing me, but wouldnt that mean that the car was also going 82 as well? I know its pretty much his word for mine but i was wondering if I had any options in this case. Normally i wouldnt fight it but I know i wasnt going as fast as he claimed. My 2 year cutoff for driving school is Nov 1 and unfortunatley since the ticket was a week before i am ineligable. Any advice or am i asking for a longshot? THANKS any response is appreciated

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Well unfortunately I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop on the freeway. The ticket is for 82 in a 65, but im positive I wasnt going any faster then 75. I am very observant on my motorcycle and did not see the officer untill he was directly behind me. He said he was hiding behind another car and pacing me, but wouldnt that mean that the car was also going 82 as well? I know its pretty much his word for mine but i was wondering if I had any options in this case. Normally i wouldnt fight it but I know i wasnt going as fast as he claimed. My 2 year cutoff for driving school is Nov 1 and unfortunatley since the ticket was a week before i am ineligable. Any advice or am i asking for a longshot? THANKS any response is appreciated

If the officer was indeed pacing you from behind another car that would lead to the inference that that car was also doing 82. So?

Your option is to take it to court and explain to the judge that you are always observant on your motorcycle and you were only going 75 mph.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Once again we have established you were speeding. Now all that needs to be negotiated is the fine. Here, that would be about a ten dollar difference.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
None of the above. Contact the DAs office that handles cases like this. In most states they'll have assistants show up and roll though the days cases. Tell them that you want to plea the case and work out a no-points, non-moving (if they can do that there) or ask them what other options they'll offer if they can't. They'll likely do something that works for all. You'll pay a fine for a non-moving violation along with costs and your "time" won't need to reset. Your Nov date will remain intact.

Do NOT show up to court without handling this first. You'll not win. He was clocking you and a visual is iron clad.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread