Filled and Smoothed Double Din Radio Bezel

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I know a couple of the people here have switched to the newer DD bezel. I finally got around to picking one up. It was delivered yesterday so I took it to work today and played around with it some.
Most of us don't have a use for the buttons at the bottom and the one I purchased came without them.

It came out pretty good IMO, tomorrow I'll try to match the black. If I can't I'll have our interior lady mix some paint for me.

IMAG1157.jpg

IMAG1158.jpg

Its primed and guide coated at the moment. The back side is smooth so there won't be any interference issues either.

I was thinking of picking up a couple and tossing them in the marketplace. Not sure if the useless buttons bother anyone else like they did me. But anyway, figured I'd share.

Kyle5.0

still wishing
Established Member
Looks good! I just chopped the back of my buttons off so they'd fit but this is a much better solution

Apicia

Established Member
I just want to find a nice write up about how to stabilize the double din radio behind that new bezel. Don't want to hack up the openings and have a crooked radio. Have seen a ton of write ups, but no high quality solutions.

redrocket16

Established Member
Instead of filling/body work route I went with just an overlay idea. I don't think it looks too far out of place although the clean buttons would clean it up a bit. Maybe one day but this was a quick fix for me. It has a brushed aluminum with engraved black SVT wording.

finishedproductkenwood_zps1decfa41.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Looks great, OP! I did the same thing to mine, actually. Looks a lot better than the blank button covers

Users who are viewing this thread