F'in QA1 !! Need help

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
I have a new edge bodied stang (2000 v6) I purchased a QA1 front tubular suspension with QA1 coilovers as well. after i installed everything i realized that i had a really crappy turn radius. seems if you hit oil on the drag strip there would be no way avoiding a wall.

well this year i wanted to try drifting and doing a few autox events so i went to put my stock control arm on (to get a better turning radius) and to my suprise it doesn't fit the QA1 k-member :shrug: so now i have a question for you guys:

a) notch the tubular control from QA1
b) does UPR or Gren have a better design where the wheel will not hit the control arm?

CHC speed

Established Member
I am not sure about the tubler setup but if you want you can use the stock ones with some modifactions. There are some really good wright ups on this. Search qa1 k meber install. Mustang Mafia has a good read. The only problem i found is it moves your tires out 1" or so. So you can use fox body controll arms as I did and it moves them in. Worked great and I like it. Summit racing sells new fox a arms with good bushings and ball joints

CHC speed

Established Member
[ame=http://www.mustangmafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16255]QA1 K member install! - Mustang Mafia[/ame]
Read this.

02wingless

ASE Master L1
Established Member
If you are putting stock control arms on the QA1, you have to grind a lot of metal off of the control arm behind the bushings. I ran mine this way for a while with no problems, but you really have to grind it down to where there isn't much metal behind the bushing.

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
Thanks guys, i spoke to a friend and i might be modifying the qa1 a-arm. I will read the above thread and check out the fox a-arm.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
stock arms on a qa1 k member wont work. the K member makes the coil spring lay at an angle and it wont hold the front of the car up.

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
stated above i am using coilovers, i installed the driverside stock a-arm after making the modification and it seems to fit and i have my full lock to lock turning back ! Woot

Users who are viewing this thread