Final Answers on Upper/Lower Pulley Combo

SoCaLCobra79

Established Member
Hey guys I'm new to the board and I just got my Cobra. Done lots of reading on past threads but here are my questions.

I've decided I want to go with the RR 2.95 Pulley with the Billetflow 3 Piece Idlers and a 4lb lower. Does anyone have this setup? If so please tell me about how much boost and power you are seeing with this setup. I've read a lot about slipping with a simiar setup, but what about with the RR pulley and idlers.

Is there anything else you suggest for this setup? Belt? I have a predator and will have it dyno tuned.

Thanks!! Any comments would be appreciated!!

Moe

Last edited:

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
I run just an 8lb Lower (see sig) but I'm seriously thinking of changing it out for a 6lb Lower and 3.10 upper to max out the available power. I'm sure it won't add any more than 10-15 RWHP but since I have the 6lb sitting in my garrage, I might as well strap it on and see what the combo can do. If I don't like it, I have many available choices to try out with numerous combos.

~ Fresh :burnout:

Established Member
I think you should be o.k. I'm also going with that setup too with an addition of a ported blower and don't forget about upgrading the heat exchanger.

FearblueR1

Established Member
Go with a 6lb lower and a 3.10 upper.

My 2.7 upper RR and 4lb lower slips like a mofo.

Established Member
RGrossman,
Those trq. numbers are sick. We have almost identical mods excluding the prochamber and 4lb lower. I'll be doing those shortly and hopefully my trq will be just as high. Any problems with heatsoak??

Users who are viewing this thread