Final numbers after BAP question?

10-43 This 03

Established Member
Ok, you can see a quick run down of my car in my sig. The only thing I really left out of my sig is the clutch. I bought the car used but it only has 23,xxx miles on it and it feels like a SPEC in it(Chatters a good bit) but I don't know for sure. I do know that its NOT factory. When I went to tune it I lost fuel pressure up top. Come to find out the BAP was removed before I bought it(By the owner, not the dealer, I do not know the original owner). Well at 5400 rpm was as high as my tuner could tune it until I got a new BAP, but it still made 604/598 @ 5400 but on the dyno sheet you can see it starts to flat line around 5500 on up. Is that mainly because lack of fuel or is it maybe a slipping clutch? I figure it would be the fuel but my tuner does not seem to think it will make much more even when we get the BAP on there,(he may just be F'ing with me, he jokes alot but sometimes you cant tell if hes joking or not). All this being said we will see this week hopefully. I got my new BAP and ready to hit the dyno, just dont know how long it will be before he can work me in. I was told it may be belt slip. I'm by far no mechanic or expert but I got n 8 rib setup with a 3.5" upper and 4 lb lower. I just don't see why I would be having belt slip. Please anybody feel free to chime in.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
my whipple makes power to redline. I don't remember what kenne bell curves look like but I would guess they do to. My guess is that you should be around 630sae and 650std when done. Check plug gap, look for codes, could just be an unfinished tune. Not likely to be belt slip.

10-43 This 03

Established Member
my whipple makes power to redline. I don't remember what kenne bell curves look like but I would guess they do to. My guess is that you should be around 630sae and 650std when done. Check plug gap, look for codes, could just be an unfinished tune. Not likely to be belt slip.

I'm figuring the same thing. I would love to see 620-630 to the wheels when done. Will know Wednesday hopefully.

2face

Established Member
you got a kb2.6? i do to also have a 2.6(18lbs) to and they were only able to run it to 5800 before it stated falling on its face and losing fuel..(589.9rwhp)WTF GIVES??? now hope this helps ya this is what ive been told i have now 2 gt pumps 2 fpdm's 2 baps.... no matter what supply you have you can only put so much fuel thru the stock hat and lines!!! they are wicked restricted. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread