Final tune from VMP tuning

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey

The extra tq those Shelbys make is incredible. But I like the 1k more useable rpm's the new 5.0 has. The extra rpm really shines in the 1/4 mile.

'09 GT500 with upper pulley, offroad x, catback, cai, email tune, 3.73's, and Dr's. It's been 11.28, but that is still buslengths behind Omar's 2011 Gt or any with a TVS swap. I know we raced each other. I spun out the hole and missed 3rd. It was bad. 10.69 to 12.0.:nonono: Ford should send us 07-09 GT500 owner's a love letter for the ****ing we are getting.:beer:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
UPDATE
Omar went make couple passes at State Capital Last nite.
10.49 @131 and 10.53 @131.
He was also selected into pass time tonite. he will be in the second episode they are filming tonite.

Yep. Talked with him all day Sunday. I was hoping to get picked but they never looked my way even after parking next to Omar and the 4 03-04 cobras they picked.

Bad Intention

Established Member
Car is quiet like a stocker. When doing a burnout you can barely hear the motor. You'd swear it'd run 13.0's.

:eek:

Ya when he first put N2O on and made 10.80 pass i figured it was going to be mid 11's. and when it flashed on the board i was shocked. His car leaves so smooth no mater what set up he has done. He has been alot of help to me and explaining how my car needs to be tweaked.

Sorry to hear they didnt pick you. I really like your set up.

Last edited:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's absolutely incredible the kind of times these cars are getting with just a supercharger! Just out of curiosity, approximately how much power (at the wheels) can someone expect to make with a:

-Stock automatic 2011+ Mustang GT with the 2.3L TVS Roush supercharger & VMP tune (90mm pulley)?

-Stock automatic 2011+ Mustang GT with the 2.3L TVS Roush supercharger & VMP tune (82mm pulley)?

Also, how much more strain is placed on the motor by running the smaller pulley?

Keep up the good work Roush & VMP!

low-mid 500s on the 90mm pulley through an auto on pump gas

mid-high 500s on the 82mm pulley through an auto on pump gas

still under 10psi, we have pushed our car much harder with a 69mm pulley

with 3.55s and the 82mm we get 22-23mpg, with 3.15s the mpg goes up a lot

devive

Established Member
I can see you being timid doing 10's on the track with out a rollcage,you can kill the tc but leave the esc on in case you get squirly.

Epidemic

Established Member
low-mid 500s on the 90mm pulley through an auto on pump gas

mid-high 500s on the 82mm pulley through an auto on pump gas

still under 10psi, we have pushed our car much harder with a 69mm pulley

with 3.55s and the 82mm we get 22-23mpg, with 3.15s the mpg goes up a lot

Thanks a ton, Justin! I'll definitely be going with you guys once I get enough money for a supercharger!

Users who are viewing this thread