Final tune from VMP tuning

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey

We raised the boost a little with a pulley change instead of the JLT intake. The Roush intake is more then enough for cars running less then 9psi. Plus I like the way the Roush intake looks kinda factory. I also like that it gets it's air from the front of the car and it's enclosed in a box. Living here in Fl I need the coolest air possible. It was either do the pulley or intake and Justin felt the pulley would do more so I went that way. At the pwr level the car was making we were at the end of the injector's and at this time I didn't want to change them. The drivability and fuel milage is awesome and that could change with anything bigger. The JLT intake should give my car 1-2lbs but the pulley does the same thing. But I don't think the intake would give the car as much tq as the pulley change did. The mid range tq is incredible and it's pretty easy to see why these auto cars run so good with the TVS blower.

I love my vmp tune. It definately has the best drivability. I imagine if Justin had the car in person he could do even better. Just curious are you running the stock air box or the new JLT? If the stock one, any plans to switch? I'd like to see some non shop numbers on how much boost it adds.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
For those who want numbers Rebeccas(VMP) 11 GT auto made 670/610 with the 69mm pulley.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm getting a Roush from him next month. I can't wait. I've been pm'ing Justin with questions as they pop in my head and he's been more than helpful and I haven't spent a dime with him yet.

just do it already. Omar went 10.69 in the heat last night. The best I could muster was a disappointing 11.60 @ 120. I'd swap to the TVS but I'm getting tired of spending money on this car...........:beer:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
One of my friends has Roush blower with email tune from Justin and car's drivability is great . He has made couple 10.5x passes car is very consistent.

Yep he was running 10.6-10.7 last night. He did up the boost to 9psi, but the weather was hotter and humid compared to his best pass on the 7psi pulley. I'd say the car should go some 10.2-10.3's in cold weather. The TVS and an auto 2011 is the way to go. For total investment of $35000 you have a mid 10 second car with a/c.:beer:

kevinp

Established Member
Yep he was running 10.6-10.7 last night. He did up the boost to 9psi, but the weather was hotter and humid compared to his best pass on the 7psi pulley. I'd say the car should go some 10.2-10.3's in cold weather. The TVS and an auto 2011 is the way to go. For total investment of $35000 you have a mid 10 second car with a/c.:beer:

Omar's car is running great.

I am going to do the 82mm pulley to make up for the summer DA here as well. Even with the 7psi pulley and 90 degrees out lately the car still feels pretty good and is plenty fast for the street, but I want to stay in the 10s if I hit the track in the summer (around 3000' or so DA) so a little more boost will help.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Omar's car is running great.

I am going to do the 82mm pulley to make up for the summer DA here as well. Even with the 7psi pulley and 90 degrees out lately the car still feels pretty good and is plenty fast for the street, but I want to stay in the 10s if I hit the track in the summer (around 3000' or so DA) so a little more boost will help.

I think that is why he did it also.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
OP: Whats your average mpg? Not best hwy cruising but what do you average a tank? If my wife wasnt pregnant I'd have a roush on my car already. Hoping early next year. :D

Turbosixx

Established Member
just do it already. Omar went 10.69 in the heat last night. The best I could muster was a disappointing 11.60 @ 120. I'd swap to the TVS but I'm getting tired of spending money on this car...........:beer:

Dude, It's coming. Be patient. By the fourth of July it'll be on the car.

Epidemic

Established Member
It's absolutely incredible the kind of times these cars are getting with just a supercharger! Just out of curiosity, approximately how much power (at the wheels) can someone expect to make with a:

-Stock automatic 2011+ Mustang GT with the 2.3L TVS Roush supercharger & VMP tune (90mm pulley)?

-Stock automatic 2011+ Mustang GT with the 2.3L TVS Roush supercharger & VMP tune (82mm pulley)?

Also, how much more strain is placed on the motor by running the smaller pulley?

Keep up the good work Roush & VMP!

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
I put two bus lengths on a new Z06 the other day thats all that matters to me!
If U look at my other post's when I had my 03 Cobra I never posted up numbers either but I kicked alot of ass on the street. :rolling:
If your looking for hp ratings call Justin he will tell you what your car can make with what mods. :banana:
As for usless I guess you guys don't car about drivability I did write something about that. People are so stuck on numbers! :shrug:

Was the Z06 stock and even trying :lol1::shrug:

Just kidding around, I agree though, the way it drives is a biggie:beer:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Do u have a blower on the car?

'09 GT500 with upper pulley, offroad x, catback, cai, email tune, 3.73's, and Dr's. It's been 11.28, but that is still buslengths behind Omar's 2011 Gt or any with a TVS swap. I know we raced each other. I spun out the hole and missed 3rd. It was bad. 10.69 to 12.0.:nonono: Ford should send us 07-09 GT500 owner's a love letter for the ****ing we are getting.:beer:

Bad Intention

Established Member

UPDATE
Omar went make couple passes at State Capital Last nite.
10.49 @131 and 10.53 @131.
He was also selected into pass time tonite. he will be in the second episode they are filming tonite.

Users who are viewing this thread