Final Turbo dyno numbers....

Stopsign32v

Established Member
If you have a good tune with no detonation a stock 99-01 motor will handle 600rwhp out of a turbo system IMO. Not daily driven, and driven with a good driver that takes care of the car. But I definately think you should push it harder than 450rwhp. 450rwhp gets very old very fast.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
bouncer18 said:
hmm thats good to know...

thats the route i am taking this... once the block is put in the car i am gonna puit the 76mm on it and attempt to make around 800... but detune it to about what its at now...

what rods / pistons are you using, and might you have any suggestion..

i am undecided still and the time is near

Depends on what you use it for. If its daily driven or you plan on running pump gas all the time I would go with some heavy duty pistons like CP. If you plan on not driving it all the time and can afford to put in some race gas every now and then I would say you could go with some less hardcore pistons such as Eagle or Mahle. Rods, I would go with Manley.

bouncer18

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
If you have a good tune with no detonation a stock 99-01 motor will handle 600rwhp out of a turbo system IMO. Not daily driven, and driven with a good driver that takes care of the car. But I definately think you should push it harder than 450rwhp. 450rwhp gets very old very fast.

Daily driven... every day.. in the rain.. in the snow.. in the sun shine... (did i mention it has a baby seat in the back)

i can probably (we know we can) get more out of it, but is it worth it ? I didnt think so

Cp over diamond pistons? (and for sure with manley rods..) what compression 9 9.5 10 ? (remember when these pistons go in. boost goes up)

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
bouncer18 said:
Daily driven... every day.. in the rain.. in the snow.. in the sun shine... (did i mention it has a baby seat in the back)

i can probably (we know we can) get more out of it, but is it worth it ? I didnt think so

Cp over diamond pistons? (and for sure with manley rods..) what compression 9 9.5 10 ? (remember when these pistons go in. boost goes up)
I think you're right and theres no reason to window your block, even with a spot on tune, and driving on cool spring mornings, 1 bad batch of gas and you'd hurt the motor. Cp is a good piston, however the diamonds aren't bad, IIRC they're a tad heavier,and a bit cheaper, but overall a decent piston, MP is a big user of them, and one of Shawn Johnsons original F/S freak engines was running off the shelf diamonds...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread