Finally a Kill

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
After almost eight months, I finally found someone who wanted to play. (I think that all you pullied and KB Cobras have scared everybody. :thumbsup: ) Anyway, I was out tonight with an itch to go fast and I see a WRX up ahead with what looks like aftermarket exhaust. The light we are coming up to is red and he is already stopped. I change lanes and he is on my right. The light turns green and I leave it in second and he shifts to second through the intersection. We are even through the intersection and I look over and he gives the nod and punches it. So I follow suit and without much problem I absolutely leave him. I slow down to make the next right and he follows. I again shift to second and he is riding my ass and thinks that he is going to get the jump as he changes lanes and as he evens up, I punch it and same result as last time. I turn down the street to my house and he follows and I slow down and he has a passenger that is laughing and the driver's response that made my night-"That thing is ****ing fast! He said it was a WRX runnning 15lbs. of boost with some other bolt ons. They were actually very cool guys. Gave them the thums up and ended the night. I absolutely love this car, but most of you know exactly what I am talking about. :beer:

IE Evo

Established Member
2004BlackCobra said:
After almost eight months, I finally found someone who wanted to play. (I think that all you pullied and KB Cobras have scared everybody. :thumbsup: ) Anyway, I was out tonight with an itch to go fast and I see a WRX up ahead with what looks like aftermarket exhaust. The light we are coming up to is red and he is already stopped. I change lanes and he is on my right. The light turns green and I leave it in second and he shifts to second through the intersection. We are even through the intersection and I look over and he gives the nod and punches it. So I follow suit and without much problem I absolutely leave him. I slow down to make the next right and he follows. I again shift to second and he is riding my ass and thinks that he is going to get the jump as he changes lanes and as he evens up, I punch it and same result as last time. I turn down the street to my house and he follows and I slow down and he has a passenger that is laughing and the driver's response that made my night-"That thing is ****ing fast! He said it was a WRX runnning 15lbs. of boost with some other bolt ons. They were actually very cool guys. Gave them the thums up and ended the night. I absolutely love this car, but most of you know exactly what I am talking about. :beer:
Nice Kill. Get used to killing Subies because most arn't as fast as most Mags will have u believe. :beer:

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
bolt on wrx's are good for 100mph pr so in the 1/4 in optimal conditions :) Not much of a challenge from a roll for a cobra.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
2004BlackCobra said:
After almost eight months, I finally found someone who wanted to play. (I think that all you pullied and KB Cobras have scared everybody. :thumbsup: )
:coolman: Nice run! :rockon:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Good job man. I know what you mean when you say no one wants to run us. I have only run two guys in a year. I see some track time in the near future when I get pullied.

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
That's awesome. I'm in the same situation and have yet to "get" anybody on the street yet. Still looking. Nice job.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Nice kill, yeah, it's getting tougher to find someone to play with. I'm waiting for some guys to finish their cars for the 4th round. Not many new ones showing up anymore.

optx002

Established Member
where in socal are u? ill run you with my vert.. its stock for now.. but i usually dont have a prob getting some people to run.. i think most people assume its another v6 vert since there are tons of them in socal.

FirefighterSRT4

GM Stage2 Cobalt SS
Established Member
LOL. What irony for you Cobra guys!

Most of you guys probably love racing, so you go out and buy one of the fastest production cars ever made.

Then, because of your car's vicious (and well-deserved) reputation for speed ........

Nobody Races You! :cryying:

Maybe Cobra owners should "disguise" their cars as GT's or something, just so you get challenged a little more often!

P.S. Consider my situation for a minute fellas. In my "moderately" peforming SRT-4, it seems like I can't even go to the store for a gallon of milk w/o people revving their engine at me and challenging me to a race. And this most often, by people who think that with the addition of an after-market muffler and a K&N filter to their cars (along with the addition of a rear wing that's even a foot taller than mine!) that they now believe they've turned their cars into 12 sec. 1/4 mile machines .... :)

So you Cobra guys might just want to count your blessings!

frank

FirefighterSRT4

GM Stage2 Cobalt SS
Established Member
Here's a pic of the type of cars that have wanted to race me lately .......

spoiler1.jpg

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
optx002 said:
where in socal are u? ill run you with my vert.. its stock for now.. but i usually dont have a prob getting some people to run.. i think most people assume its another v6 vert since there are tons of them in socal.

I live in Corona. I am not sure if he realized it was a Cobra or not. It was dark and my car is black so I guess it is possible that he thought I was a GT. :shrug:

FirefighterSRT4:
Not that I cry about people not wanting to race or that this was a great kill, just sharing my story. I am sorry to hear that you are hounded so badly, it sounds like you are tired of it.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
FirefighterSRT4, that's some funny shit. I saw a 55 Ford F-100 with an EMPTY ProStock scoop and a six foot tall aluminum wing on it yesterday. Absolutely helarious. Yeah, I've thought about debadging the Snake but she just looks too dam good. Up here, I get the occassional Ricer that wants to try their luck but I don't usually post those. Kinda like the Cooper S this morning, that was plumb UGLY! Three buses in one gear..., how embarassing is that? It was kinda like the first time I took her to the track, bone stock with F-1's on a cold night. My first run put me beside an older, tubbed Nova with 14" slicks and a pit crew for crissakes. You can imagine how ugly that was...

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I have the same problem where I live. Saleengtroush has already gone around and killed everyone in his Cobra and now nobody wants to race me. That crazy kid doesn't backdown from a race ever.

Users who are viewing this thread