Finally Becoming a TRUE Member.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I'm in the market for buying a Cobra ('03-'04 maybe even the super-rare '02). I posted a few weeks ago about wanting a Trailblazer SS because my Gt didn't have space for music equipment. I basically said screw it. I'll miss having a sports car too much. I'll just use the wife's Honda to carry around my crap. Within the next few months, I'll hopefully find a Cobra. I'll probably be buying one from the Market here.

Are there any true stock Cobras out there? I figure it's safest to buy a babied stock Cobra with low mileage, but I figure most people just return it back to stock when they go to sell it. I definately want to mod the hell out of it, so should I even worry if it already has tons of mods?

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Well if your buying from a reputable member here, you can usually trust what they say in their ad, so you won't have many problems with highly modified cars here. If you buy from somewhere else I would be a little more cautious, and I really would not want to buy a Cobra with an upgraded blower unless I bought it off these forums.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I've noticed that some people in the market only join to sell their car. I guess I have to look at their trader rating if they have one.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
I know what impressed me when I bought my Cobra (from a member on here, by the way) was the fact that he had documentation for damn near everything. A manilla folder with reciepts for everything, down to the plugs for the holes in the front bumper where the license plate is supposed to go.

Just be patient, and do your research. Good luck!

Juruense

Banned
Got a buddy with a 03 10th torch red vert 100% bone stock for sale..
What an awesome car :rockon: here's mine :D

DSC00038-4.gif

DSC00034-3.gif

DSC00034-2.gif

^ the snake bows down to his true master...

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
There are more in Texas for sale than I'd thought there'd be. I'll definately have to test drive one before I buy it. I'm sure it will be a beast compared to my low 13s Gt.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mystichrome will kick your 10ths ass off the line and down the track ... even if you have more mods than I do ... I have the paint slipstream that makes the mystichrome faster .... hands down

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Color really isn't an option for me. Well... black would probably be my #1 pick, but every other color is a close second.

txyaloo

Established Member
Good luck finding one - there are plenty in Texas. Take a look at the hometown forum to see some of the dealers to stay away from. As far as an 02, unless you plan on flying to Australia, don't plan on finding one of them...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
if you're going to mod the car, its cheaper to buy one with mods already. there are plenty of heavily modded cobras out there that are not beat on. my car (not for sale) has a whipple with supporting mods, 13.5k miles, and is pristine inside and out--i've only had a passenger in the car 5-6 times. i haven't taken it to the track, no high speed runs, and have honestly babied the hell out of it--not one smoky burnout.

good luck with the search. take your time and buy the right one

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Good luck finding one - there are plenty in Texas. Take a look at the hometown forum to see some of the dealers to stay away from. As far as an 02, unless you plan on flying to Australia, don't plan on finding one of them...

I was joking. The best way to tell if someone know's what they're talking about is by mentioning an '02 Cobra.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
if you're going to mod the car, its cheaper to buy one with mods already. there are plenty of heavily modded cobras out there that are not beat on. my car (not for sale) has a whipple with supporting mods, 13.5k miles, and is pristine inside and out--i've only had a passenger in the car 5-6 times. i haven't taken it to the track, no high speed runs, and have honestly babied the hell out of it--not one smoky burnout.

good luck with the search. take your time and buy the right one

That's what I was starting to think. Although I've known guys with highly modded cars that treat them like crap, and other guys with modded cars that baby them. I'll just have to figure out a way to profile the seller.

Users who are viewing this thread