Finally broke 12s!

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Just got back from the track.. New best times..Im stoked. I had clutch issues with the drag radials 2 weeks ago which led to a 15.5@70 (lol)

Went back tonight on the normal everyday street tires, 1/2 tank of gas, couple hoodies in the back, 4.10s, March Pullies, BBK O/R X, MAC Catback, K&N filter and got [email protected]

Slip goes like this

r/t- .479
60'- 1.962
330'- 5.493
1/8 - 8.387
MPH - 85.08
1000'- 10.887
1/4- 12.988
MPH- 107.44

I also got a couple [email protected] runs..But im really excited as of right now.. Not bad for a screwed up clutch and tons of extra weight and gas. Not to mention worn out 275/40 Falken street tires.

Who says 4.10s+pullies cant get you 12s?? Im gonna get a new clutch sometime soon and throw the DRs on and shoot for 12.70s :beer:

coolguy10786

Established Member
Damn very nice!!

That mph is good especially for your mods. That car has mid twelves in it for sure with a better 60ft.

Put some headers and a shortrunner on there and see what it will do!

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Very impressive with the listed mods! What year is the Cobra? Awesome times get that 60 down and you'll be loving life. Great Job.

mystical

Established Member
Very impressive man:beer: DRs and some 4.88s and that thing will rip:rockon:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
That is crazy fast for your mods... My car on ET streets leaving at 5k rpm's could barely get the 12.99 and that is with basically the same mods and I consider myself an exceptional driver.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
My best previous times were [email protected] and thats on a 235/60/15 MT ET Street...which usually net me 1.8s no problem. My old setup was 3.73s instead of 4.10s and no underdrives. Only thing I switched was to 4.10s, pullies, upper/lower control arms, and NO DR. I went out with the DRs 2 Fridays ago and my clutch went up in smoke (literally)

Im super excited about my times, I knew the car had it in there. And as far as improving my 60, I know I can do that with the tire, but I cant with this clutch thats in there. So I felt 1.9s were pretty damn good.

My car is a 98, the motor has 12k miles on it (Ford reman'd longblock) stock T45, 4.10s, mid pipe, catback, filter. I am gettin a JLT cai and custom SCT tune within the next few months.. so I'll have a bit more power to play with.

gq916

Established Member
damn thats pretty fast for the parts u have....im going to the track within the next couple of weeks and looking to hit 12.9 or close

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
You should be able to do it no problem. I was doin 3k rpms and a healthy clutch slide and it as diggin pretty damn good outta the whole.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
upper and lower control arms help alot, setting up the suspension correctly can do wonders at the track, any future plans to take out some weight in the car?

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
upper and lower control arms help alot, setting up the suspension correctly can do wonders at the track, any future plans to take out some weight in the car?

Not really. I was looking into a QA1 kit with coil overs, but that wont happen until I can afford LTs... and I cant afford jack shit right now lol. Next mods are JLT / 90mm MAF / tune so I'll be looking for 110mph traps

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Because Im getting a big cold air why have a small MAF housing to go in front of it.. And it will be tuned in so I shoulnt see an problems....

And now that I just looked into it, screw that Im goin with a JLT RAI... I dont think the lightning MAF will slide into the JLT couplers, and Im not tryin to piece shit together.. Oh well.. Ill spend that 90$ on my LT fund

Last edited:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member

I need to get my car back to the track since I did all my suspension work. Then again. it isn't for straightline..lol

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I wouldnt say my car is set for straight line as well.

I still have my sway bar, I got BBK lowering springs, and some upper/lowers.. I want to go back out on a DR but I was havin too much fun on street tires

Users who are viewing this thread