finally changing to e 85. what do you think i will gain?

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
ok this is what i am doing. i will tell you my current setup and then my upgrades. let me know what you think i will gain! this is my 2003 cobra

current setup:stock gears, whipple 2.3 60 lb/hr injectors, ba 2400, 3.0 s/c pulley 17lbs boost returnless fuel with 2 gss342 pumps,bap,steeda c/a, mcleod rxt clutch, this combo made 603 hp and 558 tq at the wheels. also has division x idlers and bigger intercooler resv.and double pass h/e.magnaflow car back, long tube headers and a catted x-pipe

now what i am doing: metco lower with 6 lb, 80 lb/hr injectors,full lethal performance 1400 hp return style fuel kit, 3.73 gears with auburn pro series diff, main car studs, girdle style cover, jlt high boost intake, ba 3000 maf,of course tuning it on e-85, i believe i am going to have lidio @ alternative auto performance tune the car. i do all my own work. i don't believe i have forgotten anything. so tell me ,what do you think it will make hp wise? and am I missing anything to optimize my combo? The car is currently apart so now would be the time to add or subtract anything! Thanks again

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
ok this is what i am doing. i will tell you my current setup and then my upgrades. let me know what you think i will gain! this is my 2003 cobra

current setup:stock gears, whipple 2.3 60 lb/hr injectors, ba 2400, 3.0 s/c pulley 17lbs boost returnless fuel with 2 gss342 pumps,bap,steeda c/a, mcleod rxt clutch, this combo made 603 hp and 558 tq at the wheels. also has division x idlers and bigger intercooler resv.and double pass h/e.magnaflow car back, long tube headers and a catted x-pipe

now what i am doing: metco lower with 6 lb, 80 lb/hr injectors,full lethal performance 1400 hp return style fuel kit, 3.73 gears with auburn pro series diff, main car studs, girdle style cover, jlt high boost intake, ba 3000 maf,of course tuning it on e-85, i believe i am going to have lidio @ alternative auto performance tune the car. i do all my own work. i don't believe i have forgotten anything. so tell me ,what do you think it will make hp wise? and am I missing anything to optimize my combo? The car is currently apart so now would be the time to add or subtract anything! Thanks again

I have a 2.9 whipple w/ 3.5 stock whipple pulley, 4lbs metco lower, 80lbs injectors, stage 3 fore fuel system, kooks longtubes w/ catless x w/ bassani catback, jlt highboost cai and made 703.3 rwhp and 608 torque. Lidio tuned it with e85. Boost was around 24-25. He also tuned the car for pump gas so I can store it in the winter with 93. However it is strictly for storage and very mild driving on the pump tune. Both tunes are on a chip and switchable with a dial in the glove box.

Last edited:

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
ok sweet. i was hoping to make 700 to 750. maybe i should upgrade the whipple as well? sounds like you have a sweet car. i assume lidio didn't lean on the car? i was thinking on doing the flip chip too in case i get stuck somewhere so i can limp the car home on pump gas.

quad

Established Member
ok sweet. i was hoping to make 700 to 750. maybe i should upgrade the whipple as well? sounds like you have a sweet car. i assume lidio didn't lean on the car? i was thinking on doing the flip chip too in case i get stuck somewhere so i can limp the car home on pump gas.
Thank you. I was hoping for 750 myself but Lidio told me noway with my mods. He also mentioned a 50 rwhp gain is a lot at this level even if it does not sound that much. I am sure more aggressive tuners will get 750 with my mods but then I prefer a reliable setup. Even 700 is not that usable on the streets.

Regarding the Whipple, if you can sell yours for a good price then you should go with the 2.9. I paid $4000 for the 2.9 which is not exactly cheap lol! Why don't you ask Lidio what he thinks?

Last edited:

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Thanks! I will keep all posted. Hopefully I will be ready to get it tuned on a month or so. I will probably have to mix my own e85 cause we have crap fuel right now in Michigan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Op, at 22 psi on the 2.3 whipple you can make 700whp! Is doable but you will never hit 750whp with that blower. You need a 2.9 whipple @23psi - 24psi on e85 to hit 750whp. Good luck with your build, I also got your same fuel set up

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Excellent info! Thank you. How about a 3.4? Seems like a lot of people are selling those blowers. But that raises another question.... why are they selling them?

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
22 lbs here, blowing out spark up top. Hoping for over 700 next dyno. Stock manifolds, stock motor, 22 degrees of timing.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Excellent info! Thank you. How about a 3.4? Seems like a lot of people are selling those blowers. But that raises another question.... why are they selling them?

Hmm I'm making 753whp @23psi and not even dialed in .. Going back this week hoping for 770whp same psi. This blowers shines at 27psi so im sure it can hit 800whp and no crusher either. This blower is pretty violent

quad

Established Member
Hmm I'm making 753whp @23psi and not even dialed in .. Going back this week hoping for 770whp same psi. This blowers shines at 27psi so im sure it can hit 800whp and no crusher either. This blower is pretty violent
Are those SAE numbers? What's your full mod list. I thought only crushers could achieve those numbers.

Last edited:

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
I run Tr6s, they were gapped around .27 going to close them down to .22.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Ya its pretty tight. Ideally you just close until it stops blowing out. But .27 wasnt cutting it. I might try .24 first then .22 if no luck.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
.01 can make the difference on the gap for the plugs. Mine are set pretty tight too, .23 TR6. 750rwhp will be kinda tuff to hit with the 2.3, the 2.9 will for sure. The 3.4 is for race cars or cars that can easily get to a e86 station. I've had a 2.3 and a 3.4 before turbo. We don't have a single e85 station near me! Biggest pulley I could fit on it made 22 psi.... 22psi on 93=boom.

The 2.9 is way easier. The 3.4 will belt slip like you sprayed oil on the pulley also. Those big rotors are hard to turn.....

If it was me, I'd spray the 2.3. Soooooo simple and cool intakes are a plus. The 2.9 is more expensive and no faster!

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Excellent info. I have since changed my mind.i have sold the 2.3 and bought a 2.9 Whipple. What is the best pulley combo. I also have a metco lower I can use !

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
this is what im gonna run . the 2.9 non- crusher 3.5 upper and a metco 4lb lower. with the lethal 1400 return fuel on e 85. does this sound 750 rwhp worthy?

Users who are viewing this thread