Finally decided on exhaust set up

Sith

Banned
I finally decided I'm going to go with the BBK O/R H-pipe + American Thunder Catback as the first mods to the Cobra.

I want to do the Hpipe first (mostly cause it's cheaper), will that cause any problems?

Also I'll need MIL's, correct?

97cobraheaven

Established Member
you dont NEED mil's, it will just keep your check engine light from comin on. i would wait until you do more to the car, like headers and then get a tune to take care of it.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Without mil's the cel will stay on. when this happens the car runs rich, causing a decrease in gas mileage and performance. I have a rear 02 with a bad heater and you can definitely notice the loss in performance. With the light off, I can stomp it in second from any rpm and spin all the way through. When the light is on I can't spin in second at all.

If you want to save some money on mil eliminators, there is a guy on ebay that makes some and sells them for $15. You have to splice them in but they work great, my girlfriend has them on her GT and has never had the light come on. Unless you plan on getting tuned within the next couple weeks I would definitely invest in a set.

Sith

Banned
Actually I just want the 2 Chamber Muffs, something about the whole catback doesn't quite sound as aggressive.

Do you guys recommend geting the muffs or the o/r hpipe first?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Mufflers will change the sound completely. Midpipe will add power and make the car a little louder until you get different mufflers.

95cobby

Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
Mufflers will change the sound completely. Midpipe will add power and make the car a little louder until you get different mufflers.

^^^Yep, what he said. I'm glad that I don't have to waste $60 bucks on MIL's like you guys do, haha. :beer:

95cobby

Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
No, but you also start with a horsepower disadvantage, though I think you have that taken care of now:)

Yep I took care of that and the guys at Livernois will take care of the rest :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread